3 yr old Logan has Leukemia

Simpsons

Hello "Dipity"

THANX!

He had quite a temp last night which is always scary, but today seems bit better. Went in for chemo, they did check his count again, fine for now, gave anitbiotics for incase there's an infection on the rise, but all in all he's doing well. ONE WEEK LEFT AND WE'RE ON MAINTENANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should be much easier then.

Hope you all have a lekker, safe weekend.

Will give an update on Monday.

Thanks for the update, holding thumbs for the last week and more importantly praying for him and your family. I can't wait to hear he is on maintenance and then off later on and cancer free. Your family has been through so much in the last few months, can you believe the time frame?

Have a great weekend.

Susan

:rolleyes: Best wishes to you! Your positive attitude and all our prayers will see you through this!

Well, we went in on Monday morning after battling the traffic,what a nightmare, seems to get worse every day. :censored:

Logans WCC (white cell count) was 0.5, his HB (red blood) 9.5 and Platelets 112. So no chemo this week. :excl:

A let down in a way, but he has def needed the break again too, lifts his little spirits high, not having to go to hospital!

Dr's decided not to transfuse because he's still bouncing all over the place (little hooligan), one would never say they are so low. His counts should all have recovered by next Monday, which is when we will commence with the final week of phase 4.

Have promised him we'll celebrate maintenance at the Spur, and his 4th birthday is in November, so just in the nick of time for a little party too, he cannot wait.

Sorry for the delay of the end of the phase but enjoy the break and not having to battle the traffic for a week. We want photos from the Spur when you go, want to see you all enjoying the party and celebration. (also we miss the spur and my daughter really misses spare ribs so enjoy!)

Look for to your next report, will carry on praying for your family.

Susan

• 3 weeks later...

SSSSSSJJJJOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

We are there...........eventually, after a scare and a week in hospital, we are finally on maintenance now!

Can you believe it, 2 days away from the end of phase 4, and wham! the chemo slam dunks him, his white cells hit an all time low of 0.3, needed transfusion too and picked up infection that had his temp at 39.4 and not wanting to come down. BUT, he's as well as can be now. Although, I have postponed his outing to the Spur because of all the nasty germs (ie; measles) going around at the moment, it is still too risky!

Thank you all so very much for your support over the last while, maintenance should be a much easier phase to get through, FULL RECOVERY HERE WE COME!!!

will keep y'all posted............

You have such a brave boy, and you are an even braver mom!

good luck with the maintenance phase, you are constantly in my thoughts...Spur one of these days! :cry:

y

Fantastic news, what a brave boy you have and an even stronger Mom. I so admire how you have coped with this on top of all the other immigration stuff.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, all the best.

Jill

That is awesome news!!!! All the best with maintenance, what an amazing answer to all the prayers that have been said. We are going to hold you to the regular updates and I for one want a full description of the Spur outing.

Hope the weeks and months ahead are far smoother and less rushed than those in the past and that Logan goes from strength to strength.

Susan and family.

It's the little monsters 4th Birthday today, a big celebration day today, so much to be thankfull for. He is so excited, and joins in singing happy birthday to himself, he even went so far as to say " ah aren't you so sweet" while pinching my cheeks when he saw his pressie.

Happy Birthday!!! I hope he really enjoys his presents, sounds like he deserves them all and probably more. Hope that you all have a great day today.

God bless

Susan

Happy birthday Logan. You are one very strong brave boy.

So glad to hear he is on maintenance course now. Well done to you all

Cheers Kita

A very happy birthday to your brave little boy.

Am sure he had a wonderful day.

Hope he's doing well and that the maintenance is going well.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Durbanite
It's the little monsters 4th Birthday today, a big celebration day today, so much to be thankfull for. He is so excited, and joins in singing happy birthday to himself, he even went so far as to say " ah aren't you so sweet" while pinching my cheeks when he saw his pressie.

Always read yr post but have never found the courage to write back, I pray for Logan all the time.

He sounds like my boy sooo loving and adorable, lets hope and pray for many more to come with a strong and healthy Logan !!! You Go little boy God is always on yr side!!!

Lots of love and HAPPY belated Birthday.

:whome:

U r a mom in millions.

God bless your family

D

• 1 month later...

Happy new year to all, may all your dreams come true!

Logan had an awesome Christmas, with loads of pressies, he also went to the sea (Hermanus) for the first time and loved it soo much, it was a great getaway for our family.

Things have been going well with his health, and he's been happy and is still bouncing of the walls, singing, dancing, wrestling his brother, so "it's all good". We are now on the maintenance phase which ends in March 2012. Logan is a little star when it comes to taking his meds (tabs - 6 at a time) and is much more relaxed when it comes to getting chemo etc.

A heartfelt thanks goes out to everyone who has supported us, you are all gems!

He is in remission and now we are concentrating on asking for his FULL RECOVERY!

regards,

Candy, Donovan, Chase and Logan

Aaaaah that is wonderful news - I was wondering how things were going just the other day. I have 2 kiddies o my own and can just imagine how hard it must be. Keep the faith and all the best going forward. Kids are stronger than we perceive them to be!

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since the last update, so thought I'd just let all Logans "support group" know how he's been doing.

JUST GREAAATTTTT!!!

Went in to the clinic for chemo and checkup on Wednesday. Logans counts were "Text book" in the Dr's words, they keep the cancer away by controlling his white cell counts and keeping them low, between 2.0 and 4.0

His counts were:-

Hb (red) 13.3 PERFECT!!!

Wcc (white cell count) 3.2 PERFECT!!!

Platelets 218 PERFECT!!!

Some of the best counts since chemo started. Also, on the 25th March it will be one year since diagnosis, WOW.......SJOE.........and he's doing great, such a relief. Just wish we'd get some positive visa news now!

It's been a while since the last update, so thought I'd just let all Logans "support group" know how he's been doing.

JUST GREAAATTTTT!!!

Went in to the clinic for chemo and checkup on Wednesday. Logans counts were "Text book" in the Dr's words, they keep the cancer away by controlling his white cell counts and keeping them low, between 2.0 and 4.0

His counts were:-

Hb (red) 13.3 PERFECT!!!

Wcc (white cell count) 3.2 PERFECT!!!

Platelets 218 PERFECT!!!

Some of the best counts since chemo started. Also, on the 25th March it will be one year since diagnosis, WOW.......SJOE.........and he's doing great, such a relief. Just wish we'd get some positive visa news now!

YAYYYYYYYY!!! Oh guys, that is just da bestest news!!!!!!!!!

I am sure now that everything else will fall into place!!

God Bless, litte boy is a true tough little man......!!

Erica

WOW That is just the best news ever :(

Man i get goose bumps just reading your post.

All the best to the entire family, hugs to Logan

S and family

x x x