3 yr old Logan has Leukemia

Simpsons

Logan spent his last 4 days in hospital this past week being discharged on Friday afternoon. It was rough, but little man is strong and pushing through. He had shingles 2 weeks ago, which has now re-occured due to his low counts from this chemo session. From now on we will be day to day patients through the choc clinic, as long as he stays healthy and infection free ( which is what we are striving for), this marks the end of phase 3, next is phase 4 which is ± 6 weeks long given all goes smoothly, after phase 4 is phase 5 which last the balance of the 3 year treatment.

Thanks to all for well wishes, pls continue to keep Logan in your thoughts and prayers.

Each and every one of you - TY - our family is truly so lucky to have soo much support - and are so gratefull that Logan is in remission - Wow wow wow - no other words.

What great news, I am so pleased to hear that. Celebrations for you tonight! Has the shingles all cleared up? What is the next step?

Looking forward to more news on him and your family.

God Bless

Susan

Markus&Susan

CELEBRATE LIFE!!!!!!! We take so much for granted, this whole thing has been such an eye opener/reality check.

Yes. Logans shingles have cleared up as he's been on antibiotics again. The prof did say that during phase 4 it more than likely will re-occur on and off, but in that case he will just remain on the antbiotics during this time, should it re-occur.

He went for a checkup on Thursday, his platelets were low, so his chemo tabs (home meds) have been stopped for now and we go back on Thursday this week for another checkup, hopefully his counts will be right so that we can start phase 4 which is 4 weeks then another 2 weeks, if no interuptions............then we go onto maintenance for the remainder of the 3yr treatment. Maintenance............we're almost there~!!!!~

Phase 4 is pretty hectic, so please keep Logan in your thoughts.

Thanks for the update, will keep him in our thoughts and prayers. Hope there is good news on Thursday. Maintenance does sound good, 3 years sounds long but it will go by so fast. My daughters are 6 and 7 and don't ask me where the years have gone, they just have.

God bless

Susan

So glad to hear the good news that Logan is in remission. Will be thinking of you as you enter into phase 4. You guys have been so strong, well done.

Love Kita

• 1 month later...

thank you all for the super duper support! :ilikeit:

Logan has 3 weeks left of phase 4, his counts have been good during this phase so far!!! :lol:

the last two weeks are apparently hectic, so we have another bodytalk session planned for Tuesday before going into the last two weeks of intense chemo (everyday for 2 weeks with a lumber puncture each week)

Will pray for you all each day, let us know when it is finished and how it went. Good that he is almost through this difficult phase. How are you holding up?

Susan

Thinking and praying for Logan and your family. It is stories like this that make me realise how lucky we are to be in good health. He sounds like a trouper, so hang in there. Give him hugs and cuddles from all of us on the forum.

Will be thinking of you and you guys are doing so well, keep positive. My youngest was in hospital 20 times, and I know how hard that was, but now shes four and doing well. Take care.

Kita

Tks Kita,

Well, we went in for chemo today, but after they got the blood results back we were told that his counts are too low (WCC 0.09) to do the chemo this week. No wonder he's been aching and paining - little darling. But the wait is fine, he has an extra week to rest his little body now and to prepare for the last weeks of phase 4. Obviously we have to be extra carefull during this period as he is very suseptable to infections, but I'm putting only positive energy and thoughts into place now, he will be fine and strong by next week Monday, ready to continue and put all this behind us!

Simpsons.........over and out

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you know that I'm thinking of you!

All the best for the final treatment stage,

not long now. God bless.

Chocolate

We are lighting a candle for Logan. We pray that the universe will send healing energy to see him through the last bit of therapy. Strength to your whole family! xxx

Thank you SOOOOOO much KMG and EVERYONE else, you all bring tears to my eyes with all the caring going on!

All I can say is.......WOW.....WOW.....WOW.....

Logan's white cell count recovered enough during the week off, for him to rec chemo on Monday, although his red counts were slightly low and he had to rec a blood transfusion on Tuesday. Otherwise, he is doing WELL!!

Back on Monday to see if we can get started with the two weeks of intense chemo, so your well wishes are very appreciated!

We will keep you updated.

Hugs to all of you!

Thanks peoples,

Logans counts were all relatively good yesterday, and so we've started the "dreaded" last two weeks of phase 4.

Getting closer to that light at the end of the tunnel........

He has lumberpuncture tomorrow with chemo.

Will give update asap

Thanks peoples,

Logans counts were all relatively good yesterday, and so we've started the "dreaded" last two weeks of phase 4.

Getting closer to that light at the end of the tunnel........

He has lumberpuncture tomorrow with chemo.

Will give update asap

Hi there

Your such a strong lady, i admire you.

How is he doing today?

Regards

S