3 yr old Logan has Leukemia

Simpsons

Thanks candy. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. God be with you all.

K

So glad to hear that he's responding well to treatment. God Bless.

We would like to say Thank you to everyone for their kind words, support, and prayers.

Logan has been on Cortezone tabs 7 a day for the last week, so far the Dr is very happy with his bodies reaction to the meds (very positive), he began chemo on Friday and will be on this for the next 3-4 weeks.

His next bone marrow extract will be on Wed.

Will keep you all updated.

Kind regards

Candy

Good luck for this difficult time ahead with the chemo ect. I wish you all strenght to get through this, and you can add us to your list of people who will pray for you.

Logan Family,

You are in our thoughts and prayers.....

xxx

Hi Candy!

You must stay strong! I can't imagine what you must be going through! May God be with Logan! :blush-anim-cl:

Thinking of you and praying for you all at this terrible time.

Jill

I am so glad he is responding to treatment. I will continue to keep Logan and all you guys in my thoughts and prayers.

God will give you strenght and carry you.

Ronell

Simpsons,

We are praying for you and are so glad to hear that Logan is responding positive to the treatment.

Regards

Smitte

Logan and your family are in our prayers. May God's grace be with you all, in all that you have to endure, and give you the strength to see his Light

post-5933-1239193171.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thinking of you all and so glad I found thread again. Been wanting to hear how you are all doing. Take Care.

Love Kita

May your faith bring you stength at this time, we will pray that little Logan makes a full and speedy recovery.

Our thought are with you all

Joseph

Thankyou so very much, to all of you very special people, your support means so much to me. You guys ROCK!!

My little darling Logan completed phase 1 of his treatment yesterday, this meant after being discharged on the Friday before Easter, we travelled to hospital 3 times a week for chemo, during this time he has a few lumber puntures and bone marrow samples inbetween. He has been very brave, I am so proud of him!

Thursday he will undergo a procedure to put a port in his chest. So everything they give him will go in through the port, no more digging around for veins or painfull butt injections.

Monday he begins phase 2 of his treatment, chemo everyday for the next month.

Please keep the positive thoughts and energy flowing and remember him in your prayers.

Logan will make full recovery!!!!

Dear Simpsons

Wow, it sounds like intense treatment. Logan is a very brave boy.

Logan will make full recovery!!!!

Karina

Edited by KarinaPer

• 4 weeks later...

I am glad to hear Logan is doing well. You are in my thoughts and prayers...

God Bless you

K

Wow, thanks all for your concern!!!!! ;)

Well it has been almost three months since Logan was diagnosed, but it feels like at least 6 already. It has been a complete emotional rollercoaster ride. BUT.....there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I found out during the week that Logan is indeed in remission, how great is that news. :)

However the chemo treatment is a 3 year process regardless, to make sure that all cancer memory is erased, and in the case of leukemia the cancer memory is very stubborn. ;)

So yes we are feeling much lighter now, and it is much easier now to be more positive without forcing ourselves too. We are soo very gratefull to EVERYONE for all the support we have recieved.

The doctors have reminded us that we are still in for a tuff time and that the chemo is still a grueling thing to undergo because there are poisons etc being pumped into him, so now we need to concentrate on keeping him strong, immune, in remition, and infection free.

Well, heres where we are at the moment.

We've finished phase 1 wich was roughley 30 days. And he responded well to the treatment in this phase, according to the Doctors....whoop whoop.

Started phase 2 wich is more aggresive chemo, this goes on every day for 4 weeks.

How it works:-

Monday - Finger prick (for blood results, they do this every Monday, to decide whether he will recieve chemo that week, If his blood count is too low they stop it - if they are happy with the blood count you continue chemo for the week.

First they pump him full of fluids to flush his system,(quite allot so takes looooonnnng) then chemo through his port/IV. This takes the whole day. Every second Monday as per Tuesday, Thurs, Frid.

Tuesday - If we get in to the Hospital between 7:30 - 7:45 we get his chemo through his port (wich was recently put in - much easier, and less traumatic.) Then we get to leave immediatley after, so we're only there for roughly 10-15 minutes, WE LIKE THIS.

Wednesday - EVERY Wed, he gets lumberpuncture and chemo through his port. This means starving him from 3 in the morning, they only go into theater 10ish - This is a tuffie, but we are getting better at it.

Thursday - Same as Tuesday

Friday - Same as Tuesday. Every Second Friday off.

At the end of the first week of phase 2 we had a week break as him white counts were VERY low at 0.6, but he pulled through that week without any infections - AMAZING. We have just completed two solid weeks of phase 2 and a blood sample tomorrow will determine wether we will be able to complete the last week of phase 2 without a break, which the doctors say is ideal. I will keep you all updated.

Please continue to think positive and pray for him.

He truly is a little soldier, we are very proud of him.

Kind regards

Simpsons

I salute your brave soldier, and I salute you, as parents.

You are often in my thoughts, and i will continue to send positive thoughts Logan's way....

Thank you for the update...

Wow, what can one say! I take my hat off for you guys! Can't even start to imagine what you guys are going through! Stay strong and I am glad that your light at the end of the tunnel is shining brighter and brighter day by day!

God bless Logan

:)

Great news that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Will keep you all in our hearts and prayers. He must be one amazing little man. God bless.

Fantastic news, we will keep Logan (and all of you) in our prayers

Logan and your family are in my prayers and will stay there till you tell me all is well. I am glad the news is more positive than in the beginning and pray that God ill grant you His peace through this time and His strength for the whole family.

God Bless

Susan

Simpson family, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Little Logan sounds like a real fighter!

I wish you all much strength through this difficult time.

Take care

Chocolate

Go Logan! You are an example for all of us!

God's everlasting loving arms are holding you.

Thanks all sooo very much for your messages, I get goosebumps every time I come online and read the messages.

Logan officialy ends phase 2 on Sunday, Monday he goes in for a blood count (Dr suspects he will need platelets, but we will wait and see) and from there we can gage more or less how long untill he begins phase 3 of his treatment.

So far So good!!!!!!!

here we come FULL RECOVERY, GOOD HEALTH.................

Edited by Simpsons

• 2 weeks later...