Millionaire’s Shortbread

Cindylou

Shortbread

250g butter

160g caster sugar

220g plain flour

80g rice flour

Mix the butter and sugar then add flours. Press into 28cm round tin firmly then cook in pre heated oven on 160 C (315 F Gas 2-3) for 35mins or until lightly golden. Let shortbread cool and then add caramel.

Caramel

100g of butter or marg

75g brown sugar

2 tbls sppons of golden syrup

196g of condensed milk

Put all together in saucepan and simmer (bubbling) until golden (stirring all the time). Must be on low heat.

Let caramel set before putting on topping:

Topping

6 oz plain choc

2 tblspoons of milk

OH NO - I have an intense weakness for these and now you've just told me how to make it....I'll be on next season's biggest loser :lol:

Me needs to join you on the next show please. Since arriving in Aus the weight is piling on - Everything seems larger - including me !!

Thanx for the recipe Cindylou - Going to add these ingredients to my shopping list - sound deeeeeelicious.

Maybe they could call it "Biggest Loser - Immigrants"

Just think of the fun they could have with the corny lines "they used to be expats, now they're exfats"

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

I need LOTS of sugar. Landlord is having the house evaluated again tomorrow.... LOTS of cleaning to do so lots of energy needed ;) Looking forward to making it

I am also keen to give it a go, I need to buy some cake tins and muffin tins, i am heading to the shops just now, guess what I will be buying!!

Cindylou,

You wicked, wicked girl! I love you! The recipe will be tried out ASAP. Extra kgs be damned.

Look on the bright side at least you are there already! I still need to pass the medical ;)

This looks DELICIOUS and I would LOVE to try it !

Sorry for the ignorant question......but what is rice flour? Also, is there a substitute if I cannot find it on this Carribean Island I live on......grocery choices are limited....

THANKS! Dying to try it !

Love

Nix

okay that was brilliant "Exfats" u have me in stitches!!!

:):D:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That recipe sounds like a serious winner!

Maybe they could call it "Biggest Loser - Immigrants"

Just think of the fun they could have with the corny lines "they used to be expats, now they're exfats"

Love it!! :lol:

Thanks for the recipe!

Sorry for the ignorant question......but what is rice flour? Also, is there a substitute if I cannot find it on this Carribean Island I live on......grocery choices are limited....

Hey Nix, Rice flour is simply finely milled white rice! It gives the shortbread a lighter (crumbly?) texture. If you don't have it / not too fussed then you can increase the plain flour accordingly.

Judging by all the yummy recipes being posted at the moment it looks like we're all in for a seriously weighty weekend!

okay that was brilliant "Exfats" u have me in stitches!!!

:):D:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That recipe sounds like a serious winner!

How's this one for a Biggest Loser Challange - You each have to pack your own container, winner gets all her (or his) clothes ironed.

Biggest Loser Temptation - a plate of Koeksusters

Biggest Loser Warehouse Choice - a week of Boerewors or Biltong?

I am so happy you posted the recipe, my Mum used to make this when we were small and I know Polly wanted the recipe but my Mum is one of those people who doesn't use recipes so there would be no point asking!

I am still asking for the recipe for her home made soup.

You will not believe this, but I got roped in to make this for a baking class on Friday for church! Wish me luck. Guess I had better try it before Friday :ilikeit:

You will not believe this, but I got roped in to make this for a baking class on Friday for church! Wish me luck. Guess I had better try it before Friday :blush:

Let us know how they turn out Polly!

You will not believe this, but I got roped in to make this for a baking class on Friday for church! Wish me luck. Guess I had better try it before Friday :ilikeit:

Haha Polly - you waved!!!!