South Australian Discrimination

W+R

Hi All!

Guess what? Liza's assessment was successful ;) . Registration application posted this morning (Hip Hip Hooray!) Baby steps...but we're getting there. B)

Cheers

Carlos

Mark,

anyone looking about "discrimination in Adelaide" on this post would think that we fight over all the food in the various restaurants about town!

No mate, I haven't been to Nando's . . . . don't even know what line of tucker they sell. Shows you how much I eat around the traps!

I went yesterday to "Charlie's" . . . a big all-you-can-eat-for-$20 place. I checked out the Chinese food first, then discovered an Indian section . .. . had about three small plates' full altogether, with a couple of cappucinos before spying my favourite . . . bread & butter pudding. Had to have one of those and that was it! I could eat more and more, but the Yanks go for "all-you-can-eat" places and loads of them are like barrels in their stature, from what I hear. I don't really want to end up like a lot of them.

The best part was being invited by our mates.

We met this couple when we were in our forties . . . I'm now 55 . . . and they came originally from South Africa, doing a four year stint in Salisbury, Rhodesia witnessing the changeover to Mugabe's rule before leaving for Australia, so they've been here a while now.

Their daughter got married this weekend, so we managed to put one of Cath's brothers (she has two brothers and their families living in N.S.W.) up this Friday for the wedding. All 15 of us went to Charlie's restaurant and we were the only Australians out of the mob, the rest being from S.A. showing how they are coming to live their lives in Australia and how they are making out, in time, around the different parts of Australia. I can honestly say that we were having a great time, South Africans and Australians, and got on like a house on fire.

Cath is particularly close to my wife and she was the one who was instrumental in informing us of how southern Africa is changing . . . not for the better in most areas . . . and the need for many Zimbabweans and South Africans to find a new "safe house" to live out their lives because of the deteriorating circumstances in their lives.

I have been to the Nando's in Rundle Mall and also eaten at the one on Anzac hiway. The menu and food is similar than in South Africa, but obviously customised for local taste to some extend. In general it is OK for a per-peri fix :unsure: You also find the Nando's range of sauces and dressings in most supermarkets.

Indeed, this thread has mutated into a food guide and now has nothing to do with the original topic :D Oh well, I see the originator is not to concerned. :wub: