Find employment lately?

Pixel

My husband got a job offer this week in Queensland as a financial manager 3 weeks after being retrenched! now we are waiting for a new visa

• 2 weeks later...

Good things come to those that wait !! Yay, DH accepted a job offer today in Adelaide. Life can go back to normal at last ..... SO relieved :)

• 2 years later...

Hi there

I got a job as a Communications Manager for Ergon Energy within my first six weeks in Australia! It was my first job interview and I started a week later. I worked with a fantastic agency called Robert Walters and the two guys who handled my recruitment were outstanding so if you are in Communications and Marketing try them out.

Pam, you might want to check the dates of posts you are replying to. The last post on this one was nearly 3 years ago...

• 1 month later...

not sure if this post is only for those who are currently in south africa

anyway i got one of the most 'sought after' jobs in my field in perth three weeks ago - i am in australia already

Edited by Emille

After 3 years of firstly not working, then doing cleaning, thn being a casual igot made permanent part time at work :)

After 3 and a half years of job hunting and doing temporary roles I got a permanent job in January with a company that strangely enough employs many other Saffers across its different regional branches.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

After studying for almost 2 years (to convert my qualification) and then hunting for the right job I have been employed by a great firm that does mostly mining and construction matters...very interesting work..get to travle and super-flexible hours !!! so grateful and SO blessed!!!

My advice is to keep networking!! I got this job through a recommendation from an Aussie!...dont pass up an invite and always look your best...be professional... and the right job will come...in Melbourne its really all about who you know...

Hello elleneo

Haven't heard from you in ages, so I'm super happy to hear you have landed such a wonderful job.

• 2 months later...

Anyone heard of people getting jobs in Brisbane on the Financial Management/Accounting side lately? We are coming over to Brisbane on the 15th March (on a 175 ) - ERP Accountant.

On Ave how long is it taking for people to pick up jobs in Brisbane? (I know it would depend on the industry but for the above type industry)

Anyone one know of any potential positions plse let me know

Kind regards

Kento

Hi Kento

Did you find anything and how?

My husband is also a accountant, we have the visa but now need employment, also want to go to the Queensland side!!

Hope you have good news :)

• 7 months later...

Hi Guys

Anyone find IT jobs or Nursing jobs Lately. My wife is a nurse and Im an IT techie. We have recently recieved our 189 visa and are looking for jobs in Oz. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Malcolm

Hit Seek hard and troll the company websites and their own "Careers" section... :)

Ok will do , Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I'm finally employed!! Three months of nothing much and this last week the phones been ringing twice a day. I found a PA position in Brisbane city with a top company. Now to embrace the public transport system, not something I'm used to.

• Like 2