You need to be stupid if you want to move back

Johan Venter

We, me and my wife, had a good laugh :lol: last night. My dad and step mum is visiting us from South Africa. They are here, in Perth, for a three month visit, they've been in the country for a month. Enjoying everything we through at them. My dad’s reason for visiting us was to come and make sure that we are not lying about the country we now love so much. Very sceptical about our new country and in disbelieve. :blink:

So last night I wanted to test my dad’s feelings about Australia and I asked him this question. What would he think if we want to move back to South Africa?

Without moment thinking and a face that can't believe :blink: the question I've just asked him, he replied...

YOU MUST BE VERY STUPID IF YOU WANT TO MOVE BACK, THERE IS NOTHING TO COME BACK FOR. I'LL COME AND VISIT YOU, YOU JUST STAY PUT.

It was so good to see that this country had such a big impact, in his life, in only a month time. :ilikeit:

It is good that he thinks it is good for you.

Makes it easier all round.

And of course he can come visit, can't do that if you moved back!

At least hes happy now that hes seen it for himself.

Your pop is thinking of all those good future holidays in Aus with his family.

why is this in the "funnies"?

many reasons why people move back. very few are out of "stupidity"

During my LSD trip in September to Melbourne, I was also confident that our friends are happy and settled in Oz.

I downloaded many of their photos onto CD and took plenty more during my stay. A week after my return I presented in to their parents. After seeing the pics and my report back that they are well, his dad said that he is more at peace now, knowing more and more that the kids are doing well for themselves, are happy and building themselves a successful life in Aus.

It takes time for the family in RSA to accept and rest in the fact that Australia is treating its immigrants well. Send plenty of pics to put them at ease.

Edited by milo

why is this in the "funnies"?

many reasons why people move back. very few are out of "stupidity"

Because it was funny to them and the stupidity bit was his father's opinion !! He did not talk about others moving back, but himself to see how HIS dad would react !!Now stop looking for trouble and play nice !!! :(

Johan, my mom-in-law had exactly the same reaction !! We also had a good giggle at her facial expression when asked the question !!!

LL

Thanks LL

Very well said. Some people have very good reasons for returning. For me there is no reason and my dad confirm it.

We always think about our parents that we left behind, our family, the aged and all those who wants to make the move, that can't.

The people that have returned and those in the process of returning to RSA, I hope you will be blessed and safe. That you will settle down in no time.