Bok van Blerk tour of Australia

Springbok

Just received this via email from the guys at Deloitte here in Sydney:

Maryke Brown is in the process of arranging a Bok van Blerk music tour around Australia for July 2009.

Perth, Brisbane and Sydney, while a Melbourne concert may happen depending on demand.

post-547-1233711176.jpg

www.bokvanblerkdownunder.moogo.com

For more details, email: Maryke.brown@bigpond.com

Strange that an Afrikaans South African singer is coming to Australia, are his fans all here now :ilikeit: ? That's a sorry state of affairs...

Wonder if his visa application is in yet??

Zack, ek dink ook syfers maak meer sin. Dis net oor daardie Afr onnie wat ek gehad het wat my so gedril het.

leier => lei

lyding => ly

There is at least one or two Afrikaans singers that tour Aus each year.

$65 is dalk bietjie rof, hy kan 'n boeregesin finansieel laat ly!

$230 vir 'n gesin van 4, amper R1600.

Geen wonder hy wil hier kom toer nie!

$65 is cheap, considering that tickets for Coldplay start at $110 and for Pink starting at $100...

Phantom of the Opera starts at $85.

Ek sal beslis gaan as hy in Perth kom toer en aangesien hy die 4 de Julie hier is en manlief die 5de verjaar is dit dan sommer ook sy verjaarsdag geskenk. ;)

$230 vir 'n gesin van 4, amper R1600.

Geen wonder hy wil hier kom toer nie!

Bloubul

You cant keep converting. Remember that the organizers have to

Pay for his airfare ( and his sidekick if he has 1)...I am sure he does not travel cattle class...so have you seen the cost of a business class ticket to Sydney lately?

Hire the venues.......and then the public liablity insurance that goes with that

Accommodation in the respective cities

And then his fees?

There is no ways you can get away with $20.00 , the movies will cost you more!!!

Perhaps just take the wife, leave the kids at home with friends and enjoy you night out. :(

Edited by Enrica

Strange that an Afrikaans South African singer is coming to Australia, are his fans all here now :ilikeit: ? That's a sorry state of affairs...

Wonder if his visa application is in yet??

oh im sorry, rammstein cant tour outside of germany then either. germany must have problems for them to tour outside of germany :ilikeit:

you would be amazed how many australians i know that actually ENJOY afrikaans music. that actually want to learn our language.

your logic is pathetic.

Stick to the topic guys.... :ilikeit:

oh im sorry, rammstein cant tour outside of germany then either. germany must have problems for them to tour outside of germany :rolleyes:

you would be amazed how many australians i know that actually ENJOY afrikaans music. that actually want to learn our language.

your logic is pathetic.

Calibrated,

I was merely commenting on how MANY Afrikaans speaking South Africans there must be in Australia to warrant a tour here, seeing as most Australians don't speak Afrikaans and this would limit the audience numbers.

And seeing that this IS a forum for Southern Africans emigrating to Australia for various reasons, I don't think my comment is inappropriate.

You clearly are upset about something else and have decided to take your frustrations out on me. But that's OK, I have broad shoulders.

I hope your sense of humour comes back soon, we miss the "old" Calibrated...

OK OK OK People, let's cool it. The heatwave that has been sizzling the country off late may have had some effects.

It is quite general to make mistakes, e.g. typing what is in your mind - and while you think it, it seems OK, but once it's in print, it reads, seems and appears different. It's a simple human thing, no two people views an issue entirely the same.

Cheers,

Dax

• 1 month later...

Ai, al wat ek kan se is dat smaak verskil. Gelukkig vir ons almal. :) Ek kan nie wag om Johnny Clegg weer te sien nie, hy maak my trots dat ek n SA is, ek kan ongelukkig nie die selfde se van BVB nie.

PS. ek wens Rammstein wil kom toer

Wie was Genl. de la Rey? Wat, daar was 'n oorlog tussen die Engelse en boere?

Toemaar, ek spot net. Ek het de la Rey se DVD gekoop net voor ons gekom het, deur my ou staatmaker, Kalahari.net. Moet byvoeg, het dit nog nie gekyk na 7 maande hier nie. Nie lus nie. Nog nie. Dit is soek vir moeilikheid,

Ek is bly Bok kom, my Aussie man is vreeslik opgewonde daaroor want hy is mal oor Bok se musiek en kan De La Rey al uit volle bors sing met 'n helse aksent natuurlik. Ek kry nie 'n noot in nie, lag te lekker vir hom as hy so weggevoer raak.

Just received this via email from the guys at Deloitte here in Sydney:

Maryke Brown is in the process of arranging a Bok van Blerk music tour around Australia for July 2009.

Perth, Brisbane and Sydney, while a Melbourne concert may happen depending on demand.

post-547-1233711176.jpg

www.bokvanblerkdownunder.moogo.com

For more details, email: Maryke.brown@bigpond.com

Hey Springbok, dit sal regtig great wees om hier te sien in Sydney, ek het gehoop dat dit sal gebeur!

Ons het ook kaartjies gekoop vir Bok van Blerk en ons kan nie wag. Veral die kinders is baie opgewonde. Ons het altyd in SA al die Afrikaanse kunstenaars baie ondersteun. Afrikaanse musiek in enige vorm is my lewe. Ek wens net meer van hulle wil besef dat hul baie geld in AUD hier kan kom maak. Ek sal hul altyd ondersteun. Kan nie wag!.....Cecile :ilikeit:

Edited by koosdup

Ons ook!! En ek is soooo bly die nuwe cd kom saam - ons het gewag en gewag vir dié een wat al van verlede jaar Mei af belowe word, en nou kan ons dit uiteindelik kry...yay!

Ai, al wat ek kan se is dat smaak verskil. Gelukkig vir ons almal. :) Ek kan nie wag om Johnny Clegg weer te sien nie, hy maak my trots dat ek n SA is, ek kan ongelukkig nie die selfde se van BVB nie.

PS. ek wens Rammstein wil kom toer

Rammstein is very good, but my son says they don't have a single song in English, only German. Is that true?

Ek is bly Bok kom, my Aussie man is vreeslik opgewonde daaroor want hy is mal oor Bok se musiek en kan De La Rey al uit volle bors sing met 'n helse aksent natuurlik. Ek kry nie 'n noot in nie, lag te lekker vir hom as hy so weggevoer raak.

That is so funny! I would pay good money just to hear your (Aussie) hubby sing De La Rey! LOL! :):lol: :lol: