SAMBAS Next Get together Jan 17th -James Squire Brewhouse - Docklands

matman

Everybody should be back from leave and recovered from Christmas and New year

Is everyone good to meet this Sat Jan 17th -should be easier to find people here than at St Kilda Cafe. My mobile is 0438083326

Please reply if you will be attending - would be good to get an idea of numbers.

James Squire Brewhouse - Docklands

Tenancy 16

Waterfront City

439 Docklands Drive

Docklands

Melbourne

Victoria 3000

Tel ~ 03 9600 0700

Fax ~ 03 9600 0299

infomelb@jamessquire

brewhouse.net

www.jamessquirebrewhouse.net

Directions

Take tram 86 from Flinders Street to the corner of Harbour Esplanade

and Latrobe Street. Walk on the promenade to Waterfront City.

Alternatively, take tram 30 or 48 to Waterfront City tramstop right

behind the pub.

Zambas, Zambaz, Sambas... make up your mind matman. :unsure:

Just pulling your leg.

Sorry okes, won't be able to make it, my folks are here and we're taking them to Wilson's Prom.

Enjoy!

Myself and my partner will definately be there........

Is it still set for 12 midday?

Edited by Jonathan

Going to try my best to get there at about 1pm. My furniture is finally being delivered on Saturday. Hopefully they unpack as quickly as they packed back in SA. Will get in touch with you guys before I head out to find out if you're still there

Yes it is Sat Jan 17th at midday onwards

My mobile is 0438083326 in case you cant find us

Rgds

Matman

Zambas, Zambaz, Sambas... make up your mind matman. ;)

Just pulling your leg.

Sorry okes, won't be able to make it, my folks are here and we're taking them to Wilson's Prom.

Enjoy!

Must be the Dutch heritage in me - cant decide whether it is a South or Zuid - Just kidding

I cant find Spitfires original message which described exactly what the Acronym stood for - Spitfire calls it Sambas (please let me have got that right)

Spitfire - give us the official name and definition - save me from myself

CU all tomorrow at 12pm at James Squire Brewhouse in Docklands. Hopefully we can be talking about a fine win tonight in the 1day

By my reckoning we are still 2 - 1.5 up in the series against Australia because a 20/20 is only a quarter of a game :censored: The glass is always half full for me.

Rgds

Matman

Must be the Dutch heritage in me - cant decide whether it is a South or Zuid - Just kidding

I cant find Spitfires original message which described exactly what the Acronym stood for - Spitfire calls it Sambas (please let me have got that right)

Spitfire - give us the official name and definition - save me from myself

CU all tomorrow at 12pm at James Squire Brewhouse in Docklands. Hopefully we can be talking about a fine win tonight in the 1day

By my reckoning we are still 2 - 1.5 up in the series against Australia because a 20/20 is only a quarter of a game :censored: The glass is always half full for me.

Rgds

Matman

;) I was trying to think about it last night too... Z...A...Melbourne Beer Appreication Society, I think.

Enjoy, one day I'll make it, I'm sure.

Looking forward to a SA revival tonight in the cricket.

Wasnt that just an awesome game of cricket.

Now by my reckoning we are 2.5 - 1.5 up in the series - Limited overs is only half a game or maybe I should have just given us a point :censored:

Go Albie - that six just stayed hit

CU all todat at midday

Rgds

Matman

Edited by matman

Sorry everyone. It took longer for them to deliver my furniture than I thought. Had to take the dining room table apart and almost take off the door to get the couch in. Luckily most of the things arrived intact.... Except for the couch, which has a tear in the fabric. :ilikeit:

We'll have to try yet another Zambas get-together.

Hey All

Sorry that no one could make it this weekend. I can confirm with you though that it is a great venue. My partner and myself decided to take the trian and trams into the city and do some exploring. Our first stop was the brewhouse, which is a great place for future get togethers!!!

Anyways, I hope we can get this SAMBAS off the ground soon!!

Have a good week.

Argh, yeh sorry, I had a birthday party lined up months ago for this day already.

Matty, I think we should do a proper recruitment prior to the next one, I'll get a venue, and distribute to people on facebook too. Zambas will thunder into 2009!!

Lemme see what I can organise. Potjie and Beer sounds to be on the cards....

Nev.

Ah Nev

Now we are talking. Have been dying for a good potjie for ages now. Don't have a pot though!!! Tell me when and we will defo be there.

See ya

That sounds like a fantastic plan!!!

Jonathan, the SA shop in Caulfield sells potjies... I've been thinking of buying one myself.

Maybe we should have a real big event and have a good old "potjiekos" competition.....

Edited by nans

Sounds good, sounds good! I'm sure I'll make the next one now that all the festive madness is almost coming to a close.

Happy to help out with organising as well!

Edited by HansaPlease

Definately sounds like one awesome plan. I will be working on getting myself sorted with a pot pretty soon.

We just gonna have to wait for the total fire ban to come to an end so that us saffers can do what we know best, Potjie, braai, drink and socialize. I am also more than happy to assist is the organising in anyway.

Maybe we could organise it so that it is a team event, that way it will be a great chance for us all to meet everyone, and eventually kick off SAMBAS(ZAMBAZ???)

Let me know what you all thing. I will start looking for venues.

See ya

Jonathan

I bet we'll have even more people interested if we have some prizes sponsored....

I also don't mind helping with the organising. Maybe we should put together a "sub-committee" to organise this. :ilikeit: If we don't it may just never happen

Around August last year we had a 'vetkoek' breaky at the South African Shop in Cauflied to launch our WTM site. With word of mouth we got 35 South Africans to attend, and after 2 hours of eating there was no more Vetkoek/Mince left! Monica and Bino loved it, and said we should organise another soon, 'when the weather is better' - So I think the weather is officially better. And a Potjie is definitely on the cards!!

Let me clear up the details with them (They're only reachable at the shop on Thursdays), then we can start getting numbers!

There's obviously a few logistics involved such as BEER being present, so I'll get more details and provide an update ASAP!

Sounds good Nev!!

Lets hope we can get this off the ground. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm BEER, POTJIE and good company what more could one ask for?

Let me know if there is anyhting I can assist with.

OK, so are we going to start making this happen or are we all just going to offer to help with the organising??

Seems like we'll have to organise a get together to organise the get togeter.... eish!

Well, for what it's worth, we have an awesome big park close by, though I don't think you will be able to do a potjie there since it is just the gas bbq, and there is only two. But there is tons of space for an 'impromptu' game of cricket, kids to run if you have any you want to drag with and even space for cycling, etc.

http://www.boroondara.vic.gov.au/leisure/s...sgrounds/balwyn

I think we waiting on Nev to let us know some more information. He has a plan and is fionding out some more details. Should we not make a new topic for this?