Any Electronics Technician positions in Gladstone?

bedlam

We will be on our way to Gladstone on a 457 Visa pretty soon, my wife will be taking up a nursing position there.

I am currently employed by De Beers maintaining diamond sorting and valuation equipment. My previous positions include Radar and Anti-aircraft weapon systems, PABX instalations and maintenance, Telecommunication Transmission systems.

Is there someone who can point me in the right direction regarding employment agents or positions in my fields of experience?

Hi bedlam,

Welcome to the forum and to Gladstone in future.

Here are a couple of bigger industries in our town but... due to the current economic down turn might it be more difficult to get a job, it won't be impossible but more difficult.

I reckon the least painful will be to seek them out (the companies) after arrival. A lot of companies these days are more interesting if they see you face-to-face than we you are still on the other side of the world.

Sorry to sound a bit negative but keep hope, there are still some work out there!

Good luck

D :ilikeit:

Edited by Danie

Hi Bedlam

My brother in law is also an electronics engineer, but has spent the last 13 years in cellular communications with MTN, he tried the following three companies: Nixons, Ezi and Jones Communications. Nixons initially made him an offer and while it was all going through, they withdrew it. Ezi and Jones were both interested, but wanted him here now. I know they are all looking, so if you approach them when you arrive I reckon you will get in. Your PABX and Telecomms are more in line with what they are looking for than my brother in laws experience. Good Luck.

Hi Bedlam

My brother in law is also an electronics engineer, but has spent the last 13 years in cellular communications with MTN, he tried the following three companies: Nixons, Ezi and Jones Communications. Nixons initially made him an offer and while it was all going through, they withdrew it. Ezi and Jones were both interested, but wanted him here now. I know they are all looking, so if you approach them when you arrive I reckon you will get in. Your PABX and Telecomms are more in line with what they are looking for than my brother in laws experience. Good Luck.

Swanos,

Some good advice

Thanks

Bedlam