Groente Lasagne

Annalize

Ek is opsoek na 'n lekker Groente Lasagne resep, kan iemand miskien help?

Hi there

Make a bolognaise type sauce as you would for a mince lasagne as well as a bechamel ( white sauce)

I always put some grated cheddar cheese in the sauce and keep some for the top of the lasagne.

As for the filling, the choice is yours, you can saute up onion, garlic, brinjal, pumpkin and whatever vegetables you have at hand, add your bolognaise sauce or use one of those tomato based pasta sauces you get in the jar and then assemble your lasagne as you would a meat one with alternating layers of lasagne sheets, filling sauce etc, ending with a layer of cheese sauce, top with grated cheddar and a sprinkling of parmesan, the dried kind is fine and pop in oven.

Sometimes if I don't have a lot of fresh veggies in I will use frozen mixed veg along with my sauteed onion and garlic.

Another great and quick option is to do a canneloni.

Get a box of canneloni tubes, a box of frozen spinach from the freezer section of the supermarket, a little ricotta cheese and some feta or sometimes I just use the feta.

Fry onion and garlic, add defrosted spinach( try and squeeze as much water out as possible) and mix through quickly, if you like things spicy add a bit of chopped chilli.

Take pan from heat and add your ricotta and feta( just break it into rough pieces with your fingers), stand tubes upright and stuff the mixture in with a teasoon, you will have to use your finger to pack it tightly.

Once all your tubes are filled, grease the bottom of your oven/pyrex dish ( I use the loaf sized oblong one)- lay your canneloni tubes side by side in a row,throw a jar of pasta sauce, the red wine one is nice on top, then you can put cheese sauce on top but I usually just put loads of grated cheese and parmesan and a sprinkling of chopped garlic and pop in the oven.

Remember to drink lots of red wine as you prepare your dish to get the true Italian experience!

I have been a pesco vegetarian ( vegetables,eggs, cheese etc and fish- no meat or chicken) for 16 years now so if anyone needs veggie recipes just shout.

AndreaL

and pop in the oven.

Hi Andrea...

Lol im gonna sound really DUH now, but how hot do you need the oven, and for how long more or less????

Thanks!!

Hi,

Thanks alot for the recipes Andrea, will definitely give it a try.

Annalize

Edited by Annalize

Hi there

I never really cook by recipe, more like freestyle, so the oven should be around 200 degrees for about 30-40 mins, if the chees is going too brown cover with foil and just stick a knife through the sheets of lasagne to see that it is cooked, it will be if it has enough sauce though.