Darwin

Down under

HI all

When my husband received the job offer in Darwin and we started to investigate the situation in the Northern Territories there wasnt much info available.

Not a lot of people on the forum goes to Darwin.

I would like to let you know that there is quite a few South Africans in Darwin. We discover new people every second day.

There is a lady by the name of Christa that runs a new letter and she organize a get together once a month.

She also have a starter pack available for people that is waiting for their container.

So please do not be put off by the Northern Territories and Darwin there is a lot of friendly and helpful people around.

:ilikeit:

HI all

When my husband received the job offer in Darwin and we started to investigate the situation in the Northern Territories there wasnt much info available.

Not a lot of people on the forum goes to Darwin.

I would like to let you know that there is quite a few South Africans in Darwin. We discover new people every second day.

There is a lady by the name of Christa that runs a new letter and she organize a get together once a month.

She also have a starter pack available for people that is waiting for their container.

So please do not be put off by the Northern Territories and Darwin there is a lot of friendly and helpful people around.

:ph34r:

Hello Down Under

Keep us posted!!!!!. Looks like we will be in Katherine March/April and I am looking for information like mad. We will have to buy everyting since we are only taking the kids and our suitcases. Darwin will be the place for us to do the big shopping!

Hestie :ilikeit:

Great stuff Down Under

We will see you guys if everything goes well in February.

J&K

Hallo Hestie

You will find everything you need for the house in Darwin. The big thing to do is to drive around and shop for the best prices.

Dont buy the 1st thing that you see. Also saying but I found this item for cheaper at this place then the shop will bring the price down.

If I can help in any way please do not hesitate to ask.

:hug:

I've been in Darwin for almost 2 months now. Tell me more about Christa and her newsletter.

How do I get added to the list?

Hello Down Under

Keep us posted!!!!!. Looks like we will be in Katherine March/April and I am looking for information like mad. We will have to buy everyting since we are only taking the kids and our suitcases. Darwin will be the place for us to do the big shopping!

Hestie :ilikeit:

Hestie, bly om te sien iemand anders gaan ook Katherine toe. Sal as als goed gaan so middel na einde Maart daar wees. Bly om te hoor sal nie al Suid-Afrikaner daar wees nie. Vir wie gaan jy of jou man werk?

Hi,

I saw the movie "Australia" over the weekend, which was filmed in the Northern Territory, and the landscape was breathtakingly beautiful! I hope to visit NT sometime in the future - during the winter!

Andi

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Andi and Gunther

In Darwin there isn't something like summer and winter. It is Wet season (summer) and Dry season (winter).

I am told everyday that the dry season is wonderful. Apparently in the dry season the population of Darwin doubles. That is when a lot of visitors comes to Darwin. According to the locals the streets are so full of people you cant move.

Apparently the dry season is the best time to visit because the weather is easier to handle then. At the moment it is between 30 and 34 degrees everyday and it is very humid. It is the humidity that gets to me at the moment. It also rains a lot but it still stays quite hot.

We are starting to settle in and it helps to have your furniture around you. It also looks like my son now in Grade 11 is starting to settle in. Now waiting for my daughter of 19 to arrive.

Good luck and contact us when you get here maybe we can go for a drink.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anybody please put me in contact with a South African support group/coffee club or any other South Africans living in Darwin.

Thank you

Can anybody please put me in contact with a South African support group/coffee club or any other South Africans living in Darwin.

Thank you

Hi AGr

I will pm you the cell number of DownUnder on the forum. She is in Darwin.

There is a lady by the name of Christa that runs a news letter and she organize a get together once a month.

J&K

Sorry, tried to Pm but show error : This message can not be sent because the recipient has their personal messenger disabled

Edited by Johan&Karen

Hi AGr

I will pm you the cell number of DownUnder on the forum. She is in Darwin.

There is a lady by the name of Christa that runs a news letter and she organize a get together once a month.

J&K

Sorry, tried to Pm but show error : This message can not be sent because the recipient has their personal messenger disabled

Thank you J&K

I have amended my setting, please can you try and pm me again, Please can I also get the number for the Christa lady that runs the news letter and organizes the get togethers. This is for a very deperate friend in Darwin, she is new to Darwin and very unhappy, like to put her in contact with other South Africans.

Greetings

from Perth

A

Thank you J&K

I have amended my setting, please can you try and pm me again, Please can I also get the number for the Christa lady that runs the news letter and organizes the get togethers. This is for a very deperate friend in Darwin, she is new to Darwin and very unhappy, like to put her in contact with other South Africans.

Greetings

from Perth

A

AGR,

i'm getting the same problem trying to send you the pm with the numbers. Please PM me your email address so that i can help you out.

J&K

Hi AGr

Sorry for this late reply. I know about your friend will send you a message to your e-mail.

Johan en Karen

So wanneer sien ons julle

Groete vanaf Darwin

Hi AGr

Sorry for this late reply. I know about your friend will send you a message to your e-mail.

Johan en Karen

So wanneer sien ons julle

Groete vanaf Darwin

Hello DU

Hulle is besig om ons goed te pak in die container. Ons vlieg amptelik 25 Februarie 2009 om 18:10...... :ilikeit::blush: Kannie waggie :wub::)