Looking for an IT Position

Natasha_J

Hi Guys

My boyfriend Sean is currently in Aus on a working holiday visa and is looking for an IT position in networking, hardware, helpdesk support, server engineer or Dynamics AX. He has alot of experience and certifications as well.

We will be starting with his PR visa in February 2009.

If there is anyone that knows someone or has any contacts in these fields please can you PM me as he is starting to think he must go back to South Africa and that would be a big mistake.

Thank you

Nats

Hi Nats,

I am sure there is somebody, I remember in the Offering or Networking section seeing something to the affect of that type of position being offered.

Good Luck

He must not go back at all, what a waste to even think of that.

Cheers

Kathy

Hi Nats,

I am sure there is somebody, I remember in the Offering or Networking section seeing something to the affect of that type of position being offered.

Good Luck

He must not go back at all, what a waste to even think of that.

Cheers

Kathy

Hi

Thank you I will have a look

Nats

Don't let him come back to SA, because to get an IT job in Aus once he's in SA will be more difficult.

I've been trying the last 8 months, and a lot of people were interested in my CV. I've been asked to come to many an interview until they hear I'm still in SA, then the interest dwindles faster than the speed of light.

Hi Nats

I am probably very confused here but isn't a working holiday visa only valid for 12 months anyway , so he most certainly has to go back - and you can only work 6 months for each employer on a working holiday visa?

Is he thinking of going back because he can't get work in his chosen field?

What about doing something completely different just to swell the coffers a bit?

So if you are going to lodge his p.r visa in Feb 2009 you could be waiting until late in 2010 before it is granted, which means he will be back in RSA anyway unless he applies for another working holiday visa- why not just make the most of his time here by working anywhere?

Out of curiosity, does he have a foreign passport, I thought RSA passport holders couldn't get working holiday visa's to Australia as there is no reciprical agreement in place?

AndreaL

Where about in Australia?

Hi Nats

I am probably very confused here but isn't a working holiday visa only valid for 12 months anyway , so he most certainly has to go back - and you can only work 6 months for each employer on a working holiday visa?

Is he thinking of going back because he can't get work in his chosen field?

What about doing something completely different just to swell the coffers a bit?

So if you are going to lodge his p.r visa in Feb 2009 you could be waiting until late in 2010 before it is granted, which means he will be back in RSA anyway unless he applies for another working holiday visa- why not just make the most of his time here by working anywhere?

Out of curiosity, does he have a foreign passport, I thought RSA passport holders couldn't get working holiday visa's to Australia as there is no reciprical agreement in place?

AndreaL

Hi Andreal.

He has a UK passport that is why he could get a working holiday visa. We did some research and asked alot of questions and because of the UK visa and him already being in Aus on a working holiday visa it will take 4 to 6 months to get his PR, if we can't make the time bracket before this visa expires we will apply for a second working holiday visa.

Yes he is thinking of going back because he can't find anything in his field and because computers is all he has been doing his whole life he is a bit sceptical on trying something different.

Nats

Don't let him come back to SA, because to get an IT job in Aus once he's in SA will be more difficult.

I've been trying the last 8 months, and a lot of people were interested in my CV. I've been asked to come to many an interview until they hear I'm still in SA, then the interest dwindles faster than the speed of light.

We had the same problem when we were in SA, even though he had some phone interviews with people in Aus. So we decided to get him a working holiday visa and get him into Aus to see how it goes. He has been sitting for 3 months now and not one offer but he has been to alot of interviews. His visa status has alot to do with the fact that people don't want to employ him as the visa only allows you to stay in Aus for a year and you not allowed to work for the same company for longer than 6 months.

You must keep trying and not loose hope as the right position will become available for you and the company will sponser you to come over to Aus.