Life in Tasmania???

chalmers family

Hi,

We have applied for our 175 PR visa.

We have considered the gold coast as one of our options to settle, but ive been doing some research on Tasmania as well.

Can anyone give me info on what the schools are like (our son is 2 years old), any good chef jobs there? WHAT IS LIFE LIKE IN TASMANIA????

Anyone????

Jackie

Hi,

We have considered the gold coast as one of our options to settle, but ive been doing some research on Tasmania as well.

Can anyone give me info on what the schools are like (our son is 2 years old), any good chef jobs there? WHAT IS LIFE LIKE IN TASMANIA????

Anyone????

Jackie

Hi, im pretty new on the site.

how do i find Lyall?

thanks

Click on Members, top right of the screen, type in Lyall, it will bring up the details, then click on PM, now you can write them a personal email type message. The next time they log on, it will show them the message.

You can also go to search top right of the screen, type in Tasmania, and make sure you have a lot of time to read up on all the answers.

Hi Jackie

Lyall is indeed a lady and a great help to many on the forum.

There is a whole section on Tasmania on the forum but I know how diificult it can be to negotiate your way around the forum when you are new so here is the link Tasmania community

Good luck in your research, my brother-in-law and wife have just come back from a Christmas break in Tasmania and absolutely loved it, they brought back books and postcards and it is such a beautiful place.

I have heard that salaries are comparatively lower over there but that rentals and properties are also better priced too and that the weather is on the cool side.

Lyall will be far more knowledgable though.

AndreaL

Hi,

Anyone????

Jackie

Hi Jackie

We are in Launceston in Tasmania now 6 months. But there are other South Africans that have been here from 2 years to 6 years to 12 years already. I've sent a PM to Elmo on the forum with a whole lot of information about Tasmania. I'll see if I can send you the same info. The best advice is from Mara, type in the word Tasmania in the search button and be prepared for a lot of reading. It's the best way to get a lot of information. Other members on the forum also in Tasmania at the moment is Lyall, Eugene Roodt, and Noodles. There are a lot of quality restaurants on the whole island and I have seen adverts for Chefs in our local newspaper in Launceston, The Examiner, have a look at www.examiner.com.au and the newspaper for Hobart is www.themercury.com.au .

Good luck and happy reading! :ilikeit:

Regards Prieska

Hi all, glad to see more tazzie wanabees, :ilikeit:

I have been in contact with noodles and she is just the best,her location is Hobart and i am sure she would not mind to answer any questions.

My husband is going over in mid Feb (LSD), (well hunting for a job is more like it) as this is the cheapest time to travel to aus.If anybody would be interrested in joining him in the quest for a new :ph34r: free life, send me a message and lets talk.Safety in numbers they say.....We have thought about it long enough, and this is the year for us.If there is anybody out there in Hobart willing to take in an jobseeker for 2 weeks plz contact us,i dont need to tell u how much that would help.If anybody know of cheap hostels,grannyflat or anywhere save to lay down your head,plz let us know.Greetings

Selma