Tennis biscuits

Lyn

Hello all you cooks.

I wanted to make a peppermint crisp fridge pudding thingie yesterday but couldnt find any Tennis type biscuits at our local Woolworths. What are you all using ? Please tell me there is such a thing here !

Hi Polly, had a look at Nice, I think that was the crunchie type one ? - I just love the coconut taste of Tennis.

I went searching for coconut, but couldn't find it. Next time I go shopping, will check on the shelves at Coles. Hope you find something. That dessert is definitely a favourite :blink:

I will also look out and if I find anything will let you know. I really miss some of my old SA favourites !

I use shortbread biscuits - Coles has one from their own bakery which is delicious but they may only sell it around this time of year! I think the key is to still brown the crumbs in the pan with real butter. Shortbread crumbs really easy too.

You can also use Marie biscuits and if you really love the taste of the coconut, then why not add a tablespoon or so of desicated coconut to the crumbs and butter to make the base!

HI,

I made the peppermint tart thingie over Christmas, also battled to find the coconut biscuits, so went for Nice biscuits, funny name for a biscuit, they are okay.

Mara, that is a really good suggestion, I will use the Nice biscuits again and then sprinkle some coconut into the base as I am pounding it. Thanks for that.

Jill

Hello all you cooks.

I wanted to make a peppermint crisp fridge pudding thingie yesterday but couldnt find any Tennis type biscuits at our local Woolworths. What are you all using ? Please tell me there is such a thing here !

If you are looking for Tennis Biscuits you can get it at the South African Shops. Look on their website thesouthafricanshop.com.au or you can also get it at satooz.com.au

Edited by Annalize

Mara thats exactly what I ended up doing - Maries and half a packet of dessicated coconut. ;)

I never had a thing for Tennis biscuits, except for pudds.

The Tennis biscuits just made the pudd taste just rite. My whole life in AUS at the mo is one experiment after another.

Hi I made peppermint crisp dessert for Xmas and for New Year - the first time I used Nice biscuits, yesterday I used Malt O Milk which are also very nice and similar to Tennis Biscuits! Good luck!

Hi there. Dont know where you guys are but there is an SA shop in Sydney called Bianca's Grub Store and Im pretty sure I saw some tennis biscuits there. Along with a lot of other cool SA products. Very nice shop!

• 2 weeks later...

If you are in the Sydney area, you can get Tennis biscuits at Springbok Delights. They are on Mowbray Road in Lane Cove. It is a butchery owned by a SAffer and you can get some SA products there as well. Their biltong and droe wors is great. I buy my Pronutro and Provita there as well.

Thanx Charmaine,

Seems like my first Sydney trip is going to consist of stocking up on some good old SA favourites.