New Years Eve Plans

polly

Off to the Opera Bar at the Sydney Opera House tomorrow at 4 pm, bracing the expected crowd of 1,5 million people, front row seats to the $5 million fire works display! I luuuuuuuuuuuve living in Sydney!!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year!!!! :ilikeit:

Also going into the city tonight, Melbourne. Anyone want to maybe meet up somewhere?

Happy New Year for everyone. May 2009 be a great year for all.

Ronell

Off to the Opera Bar at the Sydney Opera House tomorrow at 4 pm :ilikeit:

Tomorrow or today, surely by tomorrow it will all be over ?

Yip also going to check out the fireworks in Sydney, unfortunately the tickets to the islands and Botanical gardens are soo expensive $360 and $160 Goat's island. Crazy anybody wants to meet tonight to celebrate, PM me we can hook up

Off to the Opera Bar at the Sydney Opera House tomorrow at 4 pm, bracing the expected crowd of 1,5 million people, front row seats to the $5 million fire works display! I luuuuuuuuuuuve living in Sydney!!!!!!!!!

Ag sies Jannie man! Jy maak my so jaloers. Ons sal nie daai trippie met klein kindertjies kan doen nie. Dink maar aan my vanaand. Hoop jou bar het nog plek 4pm! ;)

I wish we could go see the fireworks at the Harbour Bridge as well but hubby is on standby for this week. Will have to be content in watching it over the telly. Planning to be in SA next yr this time so will have to wait for 2010 to be able to see the fireworks in Sydney again.

Enjoy it everyone that will be able to go there and good luck with getting back home!

We are catching the train @ 6 to the city with friends and the kids. Alexander Gardens or Southbank Promenade will probably be the best.

Happy New Year to everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a stunning evening and remember .... be SAFE!!!!! do not drink and drive... rather catch a train instead!!!!!

PS: Polly do not forget to take your camera with!!!!!!! We will be expecting some nice pics from you!!!!!!!!!

Trudie

I also wanted to catch the tram but will have to catch tram bus and then tram again to get to the Southbank from Glen Waverley...

Cool. gedog dit is net gratis vanaf 12 uur vir almla wat meot huis toe probeer gaan. Ek wil uit die stad uit wees voor 12... weet nie of kinders teen daardie tyd nog sal kan loop nie. Gelukkig slaap hulle nou n middag slaap anders het mamma gesê gaan ons nie trein ry nie...

PS: :ilikeit: Jy weet nie miskien waar ek goedkoop Aussie T-Shirts kan kry vir die kinders vir Australian Day nie... ek het al klaar tatoos.... my man sê ek is meer Proudly Australian as die Aussies self... ;)

T

Also decided to go to Alexandra Gardens. Will catch train at 6pm. Hopefully will run into some of you guys...

If not enjoy and be safe.

Ronell

lol! Hoedjies gesien by die $2 winkel. Klomp hemde gewees in Coles, maar ek het nie pryse gesien nie, sorry. Miskien moet ek t-shirts vir die familie stuur... hmmmm... amper vergeet daardie ding kom ook nog. Wanneer hou ons op party?

Ek hoop om so 10 uur na die vuurwerke terug te gaan huistoe. Die kinders bly nie goed op hul voete nie. Ek het pizzas gekry vir aandete sodat daar minder stres en skottelgoed is. :ilikeit:

Oh my word!!!!!!!!!!! Ek het lanklaas so baie mense bymekaar gesien soos gisteraand. Ons het na die 1st show stasie toe geloop en eers 11:30 weer terug by Mount Waverley aangekom. Is toe na vriende toe en net voor 12 uur daar aan gekom.... is eers 3 uur huis toe...

Dit was nice maar ek dink nie ek sal dit volgende jaar weer doen nie....

Jannie,

WOW! Wasn't it just breathtaking? Sydneysiders sure know how to put on a show! Can't wait for next year....

We went back to Darling Harbour on New Years Day (just LOVE the City!) and I was amazed that it was so clean everywhere, the last of the cleanup staff were loading the recycle bins...very quick & efficient after such a big event.

zorba

Edited by zorba