Newby

Hennie_dup

Hello everyone

I just joined here, coming from SACanada.

A little bit about me: My name is Hennie, I'm single, a management accountant by trade, love to sing opera part time, love nature and reading, especially science fantasy and Steven King.

Gee, sounds like a lonely hearts club ad :ilikeit:

Anyways, I received a job offer from New Zealand a week ago, and decided to take them up on it, given that I have now waited for 42 months for Canadian PR without them even looking at my application, and with no indication when they MAY eventually get to it.

So, all going according to plan I'd be starting in Blenheim, NZ on the 2nd of March next year. I've submitted my EOI, and should hopefully get the ITA by the end of the month. Suddenly now I have an incredible amount to do, not least of all getting up to speed with NZ. I've looked at the websites such as SAgoingtoNZ.co.za, move2nz.com, kiwiboer, southafricankiwi and obviously the NZ immigration dept. Still, any advice, tips, suggestions would be highly appreciated at this stage.

Take care

Hennie

Welcome Hennie, I myself dont know much about NZ but my buddy in oz was born there and has just moved to Perth. This forum has so much info on it, we are so grateful to have had it during this hectic and frustrating time.

Edited by candivw

Hallo en welkom Hennie

Ek kan net beaam dat jy maar 'n tydjie moet vertoef op die forum en die meeste van jou antwoorde gaan jy kry.

Sterkte met al jou reëlings.

Groete

Hi Hennie

Welcome....all I can say is....relax mate....you will need to practice "that" for life in New Zealand...which of course....is only a good thing! I am sure you will be happy there, it is a lovely country with great people!

Hi Hennie,

Well you've made the right start by joining this forum! WELCOME!

There are quite a few people on the forum who lived in NZ before coming to Aus, so I'm sure you'll get plenty of info here...

Good luck with all your plans.

zorba

Welcome from our sister forum SaCanada.org. Good to have you with us. Me thinks Hendie and the crew should start a further one sor SaNz.org. More work for the team. :ilikeit:

Welcome Hennie!! 42 months waiting and still no movement is ridiculous. Best of luck with your plans to move to NZ.

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Don't worry, I'm not stressed, will just be very busy in the coming two months.

I'm working through the forum as I have the time, have already picked up some very nice links and references.

Take care and Merry Christmas to all

Hennie

Howzit Hennie,

I also have a Canadian PR lodged but I've only been waiting since December '06. We did an LSD in April '07 and decided that Canada wasn't really for us. I've left the visa application in process and I won't cancel it until I'm absolutely positive about Australia. I've been waiting nine months for our Australian PR visas to be granted and like to think that it is only a matter of weeks now.

Anyway, all the best in your decisions, wherever they may lead you. :jester: