We are packed!

AdelaideAdi

Finally found the forum!!

Hi All, well all is packed and the container is to be loaded on Monday! Claire Megs and I leave for Aussie 29Dec via Sydney.

Will be living out of suitcases for 8 weeks - oh joy!!

I am a tad apprehensive as to us acclimatising to the new way of life! What with all the new things to assimilate and get used to. Luckily have a job to go to so should get some insight from my colleagues as to how things work. More concerned about Megan fitting in and making new friends in a new country but at 10 I’m sure the kids adapt pretty easily. Claire is so keen to get there and experience a life without "fear"

See you shortly

Hi Adrian, Claire & Megan,

Welcome to the forum! You will soon make lots of new friends here, and meet many Saffers in Canberra to help ease the loneliness. Good luck with the last couple of days in SA and the last minute arrangements. We are flying on the 24th and things are getting real hectic now.

Let us know how you're settling in.

Regards,

Lindie

Welcome to the forum and shortly to Canberra, we are in Canberra for 4 months now and we just love it to bits, let us know if you need anything when you are here, we are quite a community here (still discovering some everyday) and we will see what we can do to make your settling-in as easy as possible. We have boys of Megan's age and they will love to have new friends over.

Good luck with the last couple of days and arrangements, it is the hardest, but when you are here there is so much to see and do and people to meet.... :whome:

PM us if you are up for a 'kuier'.

Stephen, Louise and the boys

We have been in Canberra since 27 November 2008, so far no complaints.

In South Africa we lived in Nelspruit, weather was much warmer than here at the moment, but they say we shouldn't worry this is not how it usually is. Most of the time the wind is blowing and that is actually what makes it cold for me at least.

How old is your daughter

Regards

Rene

hi,

we went for our LSD to Canberra a few weeks back and we were pleasantly surprised. we loved the city with then open spaces and ease of getting around. our kids realy liked the scholols and whjat they had to offer. with a little luck we will be there by mid year, got to get the house sold first. :whome:

Welcome to the forum

I only found the forum after I had been in Australia a good 6 months and so wish I had had the good solid advice that so many of the forumites share generously before our huge leap.

You will be so amazed at how quickly your kids do adapt and every time you see them able to play in the street or go to the park themselves you will be incredibly grateful for this opportunity and all your fears and concerns will abate.

Australian kids are taught to welcome and respect people of different cultures, I was gobsmacked at how many migrant children were at my daughters first school in Perth and now here in Queensland the kids welcome newcomers everyday.

Take time out for your family to really enjoy the exciting times ahead.

Peace and goodwill

AndreaL

Welcome to the forum!! It's a pity you only found it now as I am sure you would have had some great advise to help you through the process. The best of luck to you in your new found home! and I am sure your children will settle in a lot faster than you think.

A big welcome from Canberra.

Im sure you will love it here. My family and I feel really blessed to be here.

My daughter is 13 and would love a new friend.

Take care,