liza: Just joined

liza

Hi everybody, great site. We are hopefully in the last stage of our application, just did the medical and police clearance. I am an attorney and my husband is in IT, we applied on his skills. We have a stunning 2 year old girl and we stay in Centurion.

Welcome!

The chartered airplane for Centurion Residents is filling up!

Hope all goes well with your application and we see you Downunder soon!

You didn't mention which part of Australia you're insterested in migrating to, Liza?

You'll find each part is quite distinct in its characteristics, like CT as opposed to Durban or Jo'burg.

We were in Australia for a holiday in August. We went to Sydney for 5 days and to Brisbane for a week. We decided to stay in Brisbane should our visas come through before we retire. We loved it and did not realy want to come back. My husband already spoke to a recruitment agent which informed him that she would only need a week to place him, so thats good news!

Dear Liza,

Welcome to the forum. My husband is also an Attorney and is busy with his conversion exams to be admitted as a Solicitor in New South Wales.

Please have a look at the Coffee Club November Posting, as it would be great if you can join us.

Good luck and I wish you all the best!

Lovies, Pippa!

Hi Liza ;)

Welcome to the forum! Glad to see another Saffer family making their way to Brisbane. :ilikeit:

Will the last person to leave Pretoria please switch off the lights......

Hehehe, Bronwyn :huh: it really is starting to look like everyone in PTA is leaving.

Welcome to the forum Liza! Hope you get all the info you need, and all the support as well.

Greetings,

Dreamy

Hi Liza

I have also recently joined and my family am planning to arrive in Brisbane on 18 May 07. Yep, our visas have been approved and we have begun the arrangements for our move. It is great to hear about someone moving from my area Centurion to Brisbane. What a small world. Good luck with all your paperwork and keep in touch

Greetings

Selwyn

Hi Selwyn :blush:

All the best with your move. Seems to me the Centurion and Rustenburg people are leaving in droves. :D

Welcome to the forum!

Greetings,

Dreamy

Hi liza,

Welcome to the forum, nice to have you around. I agree that your husband should not find it difficult to get a job. Are you planning to do your conversion and practice as a solicitor here? Not the easiest thing to do over here I must say. I know quite a few SA attorneys/advocates in Brisbane some who have converted and other who have not bothered or did not want to go back to school and start all over.

Good luck with it all! Brissy is a great place. Feel free to shoot some Brisbane questions through - I'll try my best to answer, and I'm sure my fellow Brissy forumites will help out too.

Cheers

Chatterbug

Edited by chatterbug