Perth

candivw

Hubby and I have been looking at places to rent once we have settled, we have done some quick research and it seems you dont get many places under $450?? Are we mistaken?

Hubby and I have been looking at places to rent once we have settled, we have done some quick research and it seems you dont get many places under $450?? Are we mistaken?

Unfortunately you are not mistaken, the closer to Perth City, the rent would be 450+ per week, and if you are prepared to travel, you might get something from $380pw.

Good luck with your plans

Noele

Unfortunately you are not mistaken, the closer to Perth City, the rent would be 450+ per week, and if you are prepared to travel, you might get something from $380pw.

Good luck with your plans

Noele

Would 15-20KM be classed as close to the city? Hubby is going to be working in Forrestfield, what are some nice areas which are close to this?

If you let me have some details about what sort of suburb you're keen on (in terms of lifestyle/proximity to river/beach etc) I may be able to help you with some suburbs as Forrestfield is SOR, although not that close to where we live.

Where do your friends in Perth live? It would be a good idea to settle close to your support network if possible, obviously without too much of a commute for either of you to get to work.

(PS - not that much longer now and you'll be in Perth! must be getting stressed -hang in there!)

Hi Cindylou!

In terms of our suburb preference, obviously commuting time to work is a key factor. I'll be working in Abernethy rd and prefer an easy commute there everyday and then the longer slog on weekends to the beach etc.

We have friends in Joondalup and Canningvale.

We would like a quiet neighbourhood as I work shift but you can find a noisy neighbour in any area I guess, so houses that are not too on top of each other would be preferred.

We would like a neat place, no bigger than 3bed if possible to cut down on the cleaning.

Oh and some green grass would be great :thumbdown:

thanx Mau

ps. Yes the time is near now and there is still so much to do! We are very excited though!

Edited by Mauritzvw

OK, so you won't be near the Joondalup friends, obviously, as they're NOR but you'll be fairly close to Canningvale so maybe look there. I agree that you don't want a heavy commute to work but you could land up in a different job and then you're in the wrong area!

I'll be honest, I quite like Forrestfield but it doesn't suit me in terms of commute to the city! We're in Rossmoyne, which is the western most suburb of Canning City (like a municipal area of Perth Metro), there are some really nice suburbs in Canning (and some shockers) so I'll PM you with a couple of ideas.

C'Lou

PS also have a good chat with your Canningvale buds.

Just as an idea - I have a friend who lives in High Wycombe which is close to Forrestfield. Did a quick search on RealEstate.com and found this as a nice example of a small rental at $300pw