Virtual Church

Riekie

The Anglican Church in Aus has launched a new interactive website for Christians. www.christianity.net.au What makes it different from millions of other Christian websites on the Net is that it is interactive. They have ministers who can answer questions about religion and even pastoral care online! The site attracted huge media interest here in Aus and is worth a visit - especially for when you are "in transit" and can not get to church or are still in the process of finding a new spiritual home in Aus. It took us almost a year to find a place where we felt spiritually at home and with the exception of visiting a few churches every now and then, we were "church-less" during that period. This might just be the spiritual boost you need to get you through those times. :cowboy:

Thanks, Riekie!

I wish I had had this info about 5 or 6 years ago when I was going thro' the Mid - life crisis that most blokes go thro'.

I don't know if I've mentioned on this forum my history of drinking and faithlessness, but that was the case for me.

I now can only make sense of this existence by accepting the presence of a loving Maker and one that is intimate with me. The alternative is Life without meaning and purpose for me.

Others may argue their existence differently. Good on 'em!

I arrived at my conclusion after many bottles of Scotch and long discussions and soul searching which was painful for me and my family. I don't recommend any bloke going down the path I took at the time.

Hi Bob

Thanks for being so open and honest. I work in a AOD unit (Alcohol and other drugs) and have seen what a negative effect alcohol can have on ones family.

We do get alot of readmissions of people who have relapsed - thinking that just one more won't make a difference. I think AOD is one of the biggest problems Australia has and I'm glad to see that the government are focusing more and more on this and how to deal with it.

Thanks again for being so brave in sharing such a personal issue.

Thanks for sharing that with us Bob! You haven't mentioned that before and it must have taken a lot of guts to be so honest on such a public forum! I follow your threads & posts on the forum quite closely and got to know a bit of you through what you've shared about yourself and your family. I must say, my respect for you have just grown in leaps! :ilikeit:

I now can only make sense of this existence by accepting the presence of a loving Maker and one that is intimate with me. The alternative is Life without meaning and purpose for me.

Having the light

Makes the future bright!

Thanks for the kind comments.

I don't deserve it really, as I'm not much of a hero.

I realised I was drinking too much when my tolerance level got to the stage of me buying a bottle of Teacher's Scotch at my wife's Christmas work party and walked out, after three hours, as sober as a judge and fully aware. The bottle was empty and I hadn't shared any of it!

Time to give it away . . . like smoking . . . before it came back to bite me.

I have got to be honest with myself, otherwise I'm only kidding no one else but myself.

Once I got my act together, I didn't need to sit and drink alone anymore.

Enough said on this topic.

Edited by Bob