Tim Tam Caramel Ice Cream

Cindylou

Ha - while browsing the Taste website I stumbled on this recipe.

I am going to blame Legal buff for it as I wouldn't have been on there if she hadn't asked for some recipe suggestions. As I am a Tim Tam addict the name of the recipe caught my eye and I am now going to have to rush home from work and make it!

Tim Tam Caramel Ice Cream

We also love TimTams - will try it...

I just found this one on the internet Baileys Mousse

Ingredients

60 g caster sugar

1 whole whole egg, separated

2 serve egg yolk, (2 egg yolks)

2 nip Baileys Irish Cream, (60ml)

1/2 tsp cocoa powder, (optional)

Instructions

Reserve 1 tablespoon of caster sugar. Place remaining sugar and 1 tablespoon of water in a small saucepan. Heat gently until sugar dissolves. Boil rapidly for about 1 minute, or until mixture is syrupy, but not caramelised.

Whisk egg white in a medium bowl until stiff. Slowly add sugar syrup, beating well to thoroughly combine.

Place 3 egg yolks and remaining sugar and Baileys in a medium-sized heatproof bowl. Place bowl over a medium-sized saucepan of simmering water. Whisk until thick and frothy; this will take at least 5 minutes. Whisk in egg white mixture and share between 6 glasses. Chill in the fridge for several hours.

Dust with cocoa powder just before serving.

Notes

You can always experiment with other liqueur flavours like Tia Maria or Kahlua.

I will shoulder the blame for this one with a SMILE!!!

It sounds awesome - I think I might have to start experimenting in the weeks before Christmas to see what tastes the best, or I'll end up making all of them.

I am going to have to SERIOUSLY hit the gym after the holidays!!!! ;)

OK - you are now all BANNED.

Hmmm, we will definitely attempt that recipe.

Was just wondering if all you TimTam lovers eat them using the same method, that is now when not in ice cream form... :blink:

Was just wondering if all you TimTam lovers eat them using the same method,

If you're going to start explaining the "sucking your tea" thing then I'm going to shut this thread in disgust! :blink:

If you're going to start explaining the "sucking your tea" thing then I'm going to shut this thread in disgust! :blink:

Really sorry if I upset u or anyone else...

Ok.. so for us "back here" who want to make it.. what on earth is a Jersey Caramel? Or rather.. what is remotely similar that we could use??

Just joking FixAte - that's why I added the jester!!!

Battiss a Jersey Caramel has a white layer of caramel sandwiched between two layers of brown caramel. (looks like a brown liqorice allsorts) I'd suggest using common or garden caramels - but then I'm not a caramel connoisseur...

Battiss a Jersey Caramel has a white layer of caramel sandwiched between two layers of brown caramel. (looks like a brown liqorice allsorts) I'd suggest using common or garden caramels - but then I'm not a caramel connoisseur...

Thanks Cindy - will use the garden variety.. this sounds like a MUST TRY ice cream! :rolleyes:

Ok.. so for us "back here" who want to make it.. what on earth is a Jersey Caramel? Or rather.. what is remotely similar that we could use??

Jersey Caramels is something similar to Wilsons Cream Caramels that we get in South Africa.

Edited by Annalize

• 3 weeks later...

I know I am going to put the spanner in the works here. Please be very aware that if you melt ice cream too much and then refreeze, it is one of the highest food products to cause food poisoning. So make sure you just soften and not let it melt further than soft as it may not be pleasant. I worked for nestle and many of our clients learnt the hard way.

Jersey Caramels is something similar to Wilsons Cream Caramels that we get in South Africa.

Thanks Annalize.. only saw this now.. the ice cream is still on the "to do list before the end of 2008"! :ilikeit: