Sydney here I come!!!

pingz

I finally got my dream job!! :ilikeit::blink:

Got a position at the Sydney Children's Hospital and I am over the moon!!

Now the 457 process starts, and just hoping it goes quick!!

See you all soon in the best city in Oz!!! :P

Fabulous news - congratulations!!!! :rolleyes::) :)

Hope we will be joining you on your flight over ;)

Congrats on the job Ingrid! No small feat!

were you able to register at NSW nurses board?

take care

Antoinette

See you all soon in the best city in Oz!!! :ilikeit:

Congratulations on the job offer!!! and a dream job offer also!!! but I think you will find quite a few different opinions regarding the best city in OZ!!!

Hi Antoinette!

Thanx! No, still busy with my registration, our wonderful council is not playing their part, SURPRISE SURPRISE!!

Are you also a nurse? Where are you headed?

Ingrid!!

Congratulations on the job offer!!! and a dream job offer also!!! but I think you will find quite a few different opinions regarding the best city in OZ!!!

Thanx, i'm still floating and it's been two weeks already!

I know, was a bit scared of the defensive opinions I would get, but luckily that hasn't happend, yet :ilikeit:

Hi Ingrid

jip also a nurse - I had the nursing council sent my verification to NBV (victoria) in the beginning of the year----and since then they in general want SA nurses to do bridging courses.

It took me almost 6 months (from Feb till mid July) to book my IELTS and get the correct results (my surname was spelled incorreclty)

Had my transcript of trianing from 2004 when I also had a job (I think in Wagga Wagga)

Then I've send the list of requirements doen to NBV- after a month got a letter- NO, the initial registration doc from SANC does not contain my registration no

so waited 40 days for SANC to get my document back, and send all back , received at NBV 06/11, still awaiting outcome....

I must tell you , Ive learned a lot of patience.

If they require a bridging course I will send my docs off to Queensland as it appears that there is no hassles with recognising our qualifications.

Once this happens - ANMC to get the skills assessment done (200 vs 760 Aus Dollars) if you registered already in Oz.

I have stopped adding up all the courier costs,tears and frustration.

so in a long winded way - not sure about my destination - will wait for registration to go through before officially applying.

I am from time to time (or sometimes all the time) doing some searches on the various employment sites.

Holding thumbs for you, keep us up to date.

Antoinette