Permanent terug na SA!

koosd

Question

Mens hoor so baie van mense wat oorkom na Oz en sukkel met die aanpassing, terugverlang en maar hier aangaan. Die laaste tyd was daar mense wat selfs besluit het Oz is nie vir hulle om watter rede ook al en terug gaan SA toe. Ek wil graag weet of daar mense is wat terug gegaan het en die tweede keer baie gelukkig en meer tevrede is met SA?

• Answers 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• bluebonnet

• PhillipJ

• koosd

• polly

Top Posters For This Question

I think the younger you are the easier it is to adapt - and I suppose it is then also a lot less stressful - more productive years left to recoup what you've lost financially, less responsibilities, and less ties in your home country.

For us...this decision feels right ...but every person must do what is right for him or her...

Good luck with the hard decisions ahead..

PS: Most people I spoke to before coming to Oz said we should make a resolution to stick it out for at least 3 years so that we can stabilise, recoup the costs of immigration, make friends and adapt to the cultural differences. I think this was wise advice - at least you can then make a more objective decision - if you then still miss what you had in SA too much - then obviously that is where you are destined to be.

i wonder how many south africans call australia home, (ie people who moved here and are now on PR or who have become citizens)

This applies to me.

Aside from visiting RSA for th epurpose of seeing family or old haunts, e.g. Cape Town, there is nothing left for me and my family there.

Cheers,

Dax

Hi

I'm one of those people that have returned back to South Africa. We arrived in Australia - Melbourne on the 18th August 2007 where we stayed for 6 months on a 457 visa. I loved it there had a wonderful Aussie next door neighbour that made me feel home immediately. Hubby wasn't too happy living in Melbourne, " life there was too busy " and with stress and all he landed in hospital, so we decided to look into Adelaide instead. He got offered in Adelaide a job with a company that was willing to sponsor us with PR. We applied for PR in November while my husband was still working for the company in Melbourne. We got our PR moved to Adelaide " Aldinga Beach "and he started working in March 2008. Things were going just perfect for us we were happy except for my 17 year old son that wanted to return to Melbourne where he had made new friends.

Then one day in June 2008 his boss called him into the office to say that they couldn't afford to pay him any longer has the business wasn't doing well anymore because of "family problems" wife was suing him for half of the company. We looked for work but couldn't find anything, he stayed unemployed for 2 months. Couldn't take it any longer has we still had bills to pay. Decided that our only option was to return back to SA, where we still had family. We arrived in SA on the 1st August 2008.

I don't regret living in Australia, it is a beautiful country and only have good things to say about the Aussie's and the country itself. What I'm trying to say here is that sometimes one has no other option but to return to SA. We didn't come back cause of being homesick but for other reasons which were beyond our control.

Sandra

thanks for sharing that with us sandra, i have been trying to find someone who can honestly tell me how they found returning to south africa, my husband is thinking of going back, i personally dont think hes given it enough time, six months now, but there you have it. if he goes back i am staying here, so we will effectively seperate because of this.

i keep on telling him that he wont find it easy to get a job there, being a white male of 40 years old....

i would like to give some real feedback, to help him make his decision.

Hi

To be honest I dont think things will have changed much in the 6 months you have been away. It becomes noticably different after a couple of years. The problem is, the reason your husband left SA in the first place still remains -and that wont change -can he live with that? Life isn't exactly the same either - he hasn't got his home or his job and he starts from scratch -again. He has to begin his life over -without you. Dont know which is going to be harder.

Obviously we would all love to encourage him to stick it out a bit longer- even just to get his PR and allow his children the choice of staying. Then he has achieved something worthwhile.

The thing that will be getting to him as well will be the indecision - once he decides to go back or decides to take small steps in staying, he will feel an instant relief and even start enjoying Australia.

It cant be easy for him or you. There are plenty of people who just cant do this big change -its just too hard. There should be no shame in going back either- at least he tried.

My own personal thought - for whats its worth - I dont think immigration is worth it if you lose your family over it.

My prayers and thoughts are with you in this difficult decision -stay strong!

LindaM

Hi Lyall

Believe me it was hard for the family when we had to return back to SA. I also didn't want to come back especially for my kids sake. I have 3 kids which 2 are teenagers (19 and 17) already and my youngest is 8 years old. My 19 year old daughter didn't return with us she is still there in Australia where she met a wonderful Aussie. But in the end I had to follow my husband because that is my family now. I understand what you going through. I too was angry, depressed and all the emotions one get's. But in the end what would life be like in Australia without your husband and kids? Yes I could have stayed alone there but would I really have been happy? I don't know and will never be able to answer that. All I can say is that the Lord will show you the right path to take.

We have opened up our own business here again after just being here 2 months. So it's not so hard to start up all over again. My husband is 43 years old. Who knows maybe in a year or 2 we might return back again, and this time be more prepared. But for now we trying to make the best we can living in SA.

I wish you all the best.

Sandra

Hallo Sandra.

Thanks dat jy jou storie met ons gedeel het en wens julle alle sterkte voorentoe.

Ons het n paar vriende wat weer terug is SA toe die afgelope maand of twee en is weer hul ou self en baie gelukkig om terug te wees.Die vrouens is eintlik meer verlig om terug te wees as die mans.Ek voel dis elkeen se eie besluit om te doen wat vir hulle reg en goed is.Elke mens verskil van mekaar en pas op hulle eie manier aan of nie...

Ek sal nie mense oordeel wat voel hul wil terug gaan of wat moet terug gaan nie ek haal my hoed vir hulle af want hulle kan opgestaan en se ons het probeer en ja dit het nie gewerk nie!!!!

Ons is baie gelukkig hier en sal nooit weer terug gaan Kaap toe nie maar elke mens se omstandighedes verskil .

Edited by Allie en Urs