Coffee & Cake Get-Together

Riekie

Which Sunday?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Please select a date you would be able to make it for a Coffee & Cake get-together

• 5 Nov
    • 12 Nov
    • 19 Nov
    • 26 Nov
  2. 2. Should the husbands join us?

• Yes
    • No

Hi everyone! We're meeting for coffee (and cake offcourse!! :ilikeit: ) again. Anyone welcome - even if you happen to be on your LSD trip & can make it - we'd love to meet you! The coffee shop at Flower Power worked well last time as they had a play area for the kids and it is a nice "all weather" venue.

To cater for the "working girls" and "soccer moms", it's best to have it on a Sunday morning, and to cater for everyone who wants to attend church, 11:30 seems to be the best time. Please help me to select the date by taking part in the poll. Also, feel free to post any suggestions. :huh:

Guest Sunshine Sister

Hi Riekie,

Thanks so much for organizing this for us once again. :cowboy: Both the 5th and 26th are best for me, but I will bend and re-schedule everything possible, if one of the other dates suits most of the girls. I have a question : Is this a forum only coffee, or can I also invite some of my new Saffer girlfriends (moms from school) ? We also met a couple of fab girls at the Fagan Park braai, should we invite some of them ?

Love

Sunshine Sister

:cowboy:

ANY Saffers are welcome!! :cowboy::cowboy: Bring your friends along anytime! :cry:

I had a suggestion that hubbies came along as well and this is my take on it: It's a great idea to have the hubbies there as well. We should have it a bit earlier then, as the breakfast is only served until 11:30 and not everyone is always on time, which would mean some would be able to order breakfast and others not. Making it earlier might interfere with church time for some - although, missing church one Sunday morning should not be an issue. :cry:

I still think the girls should get together on their own as well, as the wives would maybe not discuss their problems about fitting in, adjusting, their emotions etc while their hubbies are present as they do not want to make them feel guilty about emigrating (or bore them to death :cry: )etc. It's always good for the "new girls" (and even for us who's been here longer) to be able to share our feelings, fears etc with other woman who's been through it already - sort of like a Ladies Lounge with Cake! :cry:

I'm cool with whatever - as long as I have a big slice of cake in front of me, I'm happy...... :cry:

Guest Sunshine Sister

Hey again,

Hmmmm, ok before I invite the girls it's probably best to decide on the with or without men issue. I'm thinking that if I invite the girls and they also bring their hubbies, it's going to be a circus on wheels, :cowboy: hehehehe. So if we decide to have hubbies along, I won't be inviting the non-forum crowd as the group will be too big - think Fagan Park. I think we should have another activity or get-together (braai, breakfast, bowling, golf, day at the beach or whatever) with the guys and keep the coffees just for us girls. The only way I can have a quiet morning for myself without my guys (I love them but I really need a girls-only-morning out) is if my hubs stays at home and looks after my boys. So my vote goes to no guys at the coffee. Sorry if I have offended anyone, hope you understand my thinking. I agree with Riekie, sometimes we just need a bit of time to chat about girl-related issues.

Love

SS

:cowboy:

Hi Julle!

Gaan REGTIG probeer om julle te "join". My stiefma kom kuier vir 'n paar dae in November vir ons (kan nie wag nie! ) :ilikeit: - so dit hang alles af of sy sal wil gaan of nie. Ek sal vir haar vertel hoe oulik julle almal is, dan kan sy mos nie nee se nie! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok- it's official! The Sydney Girls are taking over! :whome: Coffee & Cake get-together is on Sunday 26 Nov @ 11:30 (moet darem weer 'n slag in die kerk ook kom... :) ). We will meet @ CafeBelleFleur (the coffee shop in Flower Power). The details & directions: 609 Old Northern Rd, Glenhaven (Flower Power is a nursery - you can't miss it!) Telephone: 9899 7783 UBD Map Reference: 151 E3 (They don't run separate bills, but you can pay separate at the register, so please bring CASH (for lots of cake!! :) )

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHO WILL ATTEND LATEST 21 NOV. This is a VERY popular place and we MUST make an early booking.

I hope everyone & all the newbies will also make it - we had a lot of fun last time! You're more than welcome to bring visiting family or other South African friends - we'd love to meet them all!

It's also time to conclude the year with another family get-together (or maybe start off the new year with one....time is few - only 5 weeks to Christmas!!..... :) ) Any ideas, suggestions, volunteers....??? :unsure:

Hi,

I'll be there for a little while - just to say hello to everyone. Matt has Rep Basketball Trials at 13h00 unfortunately :(

Love

Ajay

Ok- it's official! The Sydney Girls are taking over! :) Coffee & Cake get-together is on Sunday 26 Nov @ 11:30 (moet darem weer 'n slag in die kerk ook kom... :lol: ). We will meet @ CafeBelleFleur (the coffee shop in Flower Power). The details & directions: 609 Old Northern Rd, Glenhaven (Flower Power is a nursery - you can't miss it!) Telephone: 9899 7783 UBD Map Reference: 151 E3 (They don't run separate bills, but you can pay separate at the register, so please bring CASH (for lots of cake!! :ilikeit: )

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHO WILL ATTEND LATEST 21 NOV. This is a VERY popular place and we MUST make an early booking.

I hope everyone & all the newbies will also make it - we had a lot of fun last time! You're more than welcome to bring visiting family or other South African friends - we'd love to meet them all!

It's also time to conclude the year with another family get-together (or maybe start off the new year with one....time is few - only 5 weeks to Christmas!!..... :o ) Any ideas, suggestions, volunteers....??? :)

• 3 weeks later...