Virgin Active

zorba

Hi,

Good news for all our fitness fanatics...I have just found out that Virgin Active will be opening in Sydney in about 2 weeks time. Not sure exactly where it will be located, will find out and post.

It's being opened by an ex-Saffer from Cape Town. (Africans, we are SUCH clever people, always on the lookout for great opportunities!)

zorba

Hehehehe you can't keep a good saffer down for long!

a boera mak a plan? (spelling?) :ilikeit:

i hope they open one in brisbane :lol: will be waiting at the door for them to open :holy:

Hiya,

Just found out that they are opening in Frenchs Forest, you lucky Northshore people! Am still waiting for him to get back to me with the physical address...

And he optimistically says " our FIRST one is opening at Frenchs Forest"...so there will hopefully be more! Already told him we need one in the Hills District :lol: !

Good stuff...

zorba

Hmmm..

http://www.ausleisure.com.au/default.asp?PageID=150

Perhaps the most high profile of these new arrivals, Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Active fitness chain (which currently has 165 clubs in Britain and Europe with a total of 900,000 members) is expected to open its long awaited first club in Brisbane before the end of the year, to be followed by others.

and this from october 2007...

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0...50-3122,00.html

but no brisbane VA yet....... oh well. i hope this means it is coming soon :lol:

We are still in a hotel and will be looking for a rental as of Feb. Think I should focus on that area!

I used to love the solariums from Solarscape at VA. Hope he has them on board as well!

Ha! We were thinking about looking at French's Forrest for a rental - this will definitely make my hubby's mind up!!

The address for Virgin Active...

16 Rodborough Road

Frenchs Forest, NSW 2086, Australia

+61 1300 975 688

Happy sweating!

zorba

PS. Maybe I should ask them for a job, with all this "promotional work" I'm doing? :magic: HaHa..

i think u should !!

how close are you to the Stanhope Leisure Centre, that also looks nice, great for the kids !!

i think u should !!

how close are you to the Stanhope Leisure Centre, that also looks nice, great for the kids !!

Hi, just checked, it's 13kms from my house, ETA 26mins with average traffic. Not far at all, I may just check it out...

zorba