south africa day -launceston. tasmania

lyall

post-2569-1228383309.jpgpost-2569-1228383207.jpgpost-2569-1228383251.jpgpost-2569-1228383309.jpg

I hope these photos came out properly..not too bright with this type of thing.

we had a a really great day, met at the cricket grounds in launceston, lots of fun was had by all..the cricket was outstanding, at least the guys wore off some of the calories they drank earlier... met some of the people that I have been chatting to on the forum...

We had typical Tasmania weather..if you dont like the weather here, you just wait a minute çause it'll change....but it just inspired us to make a bigger fire to warm our hands up at...there was a good supply of logs laid on!!

A big thank you to Eugene and Ilze for organizing it..cant wait for the next one.

Lovely pics!!

We are also going to Tasmania.

It looks cold there for November. Didn't realise that it differed that much from the mainland.

Lovely pics!!

We are also going to Tasmania.

It looks cold there for November. Didn't realise that it differed that much from the mainland.

Hi Monica

What area are you coming to in Tasmania

We are in Hobart

When are you planning on being here

Noodles

We are going to Devonport.

Just waiting for the Visa to be approved.

We're aiming for February next year.

and did you notice the REAL boerewors on the braai...home made with these gorgeous hands of mine...

hey, nice to be going to devonport, got a couple of indian friends living there. No one from teh forum though, I think. Its very nice there, and yes, it is cold here for November and December, 1 December was first day of Summer for us, the locals tell me summer lasts three months...help!..if this is summer I didnt even notice spring...luckily we came in winter so we know how cold it can get.

But just a good point, the houses are built for warmth and all have carpets and heaters/fireplaces built in and quite cheap to run...I am always amazed when on my way home from work I see the local swimming pool is packed...I just cant get that much into the summer mood..it was 10 degrees here yesterday!!!!!

Monica, Where are you or your husband going to be working???

Noodles..i chose a photograph with you in specially.....ha ha

Edited by lyall

Lyall if I didn't know any better I would say these pictures are from SA!!!

It's good to now that the traditional SA braii can still be done in Aus or Tas! and blow me down that looks like a wood burning braii!!!

Yip noticed the boerewors. Looks yummy!

Lyall, my hubby got a job offer at a company called the Signmakers.

He is a Production Manager and they are going to sponsor him.

They have a factory in Devonport and Hobart, but the position is in Devonport.

Must say I don't mind the cold really, it has been way too hot here the last 2 weeks.

It sometimes becomes unbearable.

Hi Lyall

I want a braai like that too!

Would you mind sharing your boerewors recipe with me?

Unless it is a secret.........

My hubby doesn't like the wors we get in Moranbah, they are the springbok foods ones and even to me the vegetarian that cooks them they sometimes smell sour.

My brother-in-law and his wife are going on holiday to Launceston in two weeks time, he is hoping to do some fishing- do you know of any good spots- and what sort of things would you reccommend that his wife sees and does whilst there?

I'm glad you had a nice day out but I would hate the cold, Albany was cold enough for me, I am loving the heat in Moranbah, we are going to hit 40 degrees tomorrow.

AndreaL