SA ladies in Sydney

TweetyandChester

Hi Ladies,

Like many of you I left Johannesburg with all my girlfriends behind, to come to Sydney with hubby. Now I am getting all depressed because in such a lovely country and gorgeously city I need my fellow girly-girls to share some girl talk over a bottle of wine or a few cocktails.... maybe some chickflicks and shopping or just a general support structure!

Anybody interested in getting together? Lets start of in the CBD and then from there go to another suburb every month! What do you say???

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SANZOZ

• TweetyandChester

• zorba

• Nicole W

Like many of you I left Johannesburg with all my girlfriends behind, to come to Sydney with hubby. Now I am getting all depressed because in such a lovely country and gorgeously city I need my fellow girly-girls to share some girl talk over a bottle of wine or a few cocktails.... maybe some chickflicks and shopping or just a general support structure!

Ha, ha, when I saw this title I thought some guy who is a real player had left his girlfriends and was looking for new ones!! :unsure::lol: :lol: Hope you find new friends soon.

Eva

Hi Carike

We'll be going over early next yr hopefully - waiting for our visa. We're also from Randburg. Will PM you closer to the time - would love to make new friends.

Moose

Ha, ha, when I saw this title I thought some guy who is a real player had left his girlfriends and was looking for new ones!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Hope you find new friends soon.

Eva

That was VERY-VERY funny! I am definately not a guy!!! (Luckily :lol: - hehehe - Girlpower! :unsure: )

Hi Carike

We'll be going over early next yr hopefully - waiting for our visa. We're also from Randburg. Will PM you closer to the time - would love to make new friends.

Moose

Excellent!!! Looking forward to hear from you! Hope you are comming to Sydney? As I said before - to quote my friend: Sydney is the city of the gods!!!

My cousin, Janet, has just emigrated to Sydney and knows very few people. I'll PM you her email address. There is an organisation called "SA Women of the Hills". They have 127 SA members and they meet regularly. Google it and email them. Janet is already part of that and she's been there two weeks. Where do you live?

Hi Ladies,

Anybody interested in getting together? Lets start of in the CBD and then from there go to another suburb every month! What do you say???

Hi Sharon,

Let me introduce myself first of all my name is Nicole and will be arriving in Sydney 2nd Jan. New year, new job, new home, new life ..........wow wee!!

I think it would be a great idea for the gals to meet on a monthly basis, I know that is what I am going to miss most about leaving here.

My email address is niclisha@gmail.com might be easier to correspond via that but let me know eighter way when the first gals get together is

Look forward to making new friends and to share the experiences of the new chapter in our lives :ilikeit:

Nicole

I'm in!! Arriving 14th dec. And will be unemployed for the first bit so I have time to meet for coffee ANY TIME :)

Hey

Am hoping to be over in Sydney on a 457 in March. Can't scare me with a glass or two of wine or a cocktail or two :)

Or shopping for that matter!!

Will keep in touch

Tracey

Hi i am arriving in Sydney on 20 December, I would be keen to meet - although will have the kids home with me till end of January :holy:

so good to see there are actually few new people going to sydney, most SA's all seem to heading in the opposite direction, was getting a bit worried why no one wants to go there !!!! :ilikeit:

Hi, I'm arriving in Sydney around the 16 Jan, start work on 21 Jan. Hope to find a place to stay soon, will be working in Randwick so probably looking for something around that area or surrounding suburbs. I do know a few people in Sydney, but always up for meeting new ones!

Looking at all the posts I think we should organize something for January before all the schools start. Maybe a Saturday afternoon/evening. I found a little book in our hotel reception on places to go. I will "test-drive" a few and then tell you which ones have the best and cheapest cocktails and wines. Deal?

I went to the Operah bar this weekend. The cocktails felt very small..... maybe I was just thirsty and the other ladies felt it was a bit expensive... hey, it was the Operah bar :huh:

Awesome! Have you been to any of the places in Darling Harbour? The vibe looked SO cool there at night!!

Looking at all the posts I think we should organize something for January before all the schools start. Maybe a Saturday afternoon/evening. I found a little book in our hotel reception on places to go. I will "test-drive" a few and then tell you which ones have the best and cheapest cocktails and wines. Deal?

I went to the Operah bar this weekend. The cocktails felt very small..... maybe I was just thirsty and the other ladies felt it was a bit expensive... hey, it was the Operah bar :)

I went to the Operah bar this weekend. The cocktails felt very small..... maybe I was just thirsty and the other ladies felt it was a bit expensive... hey, it was the Operah bar :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi i am arriving in Sydney on 20 December, I would be keen to meet - although will have the kids home with me till end of January :holy:

so good to see there are actually few new people going to sydney, most SA's all seem to heading in the opposite direction, was getting a bit worried why no one wants to go there !!!! :whome:

Hi Almost-in Aussie

We have just arrived in Sydney as well and are also settling in. My kids (b 11y and g 9) are also home for holidays. Sydney is stunning and there are loads to do for the children. How old are yours?

Li

Hi Ladies!

I am looking at places we can go. I had a suggestion that we try Cargo bar.

See the link

Cargo Bar & Lounge :whome:

My suggestion: We have dinner and a few drinks from around 7pm. Then those of us who would like to stay and shake some booty afterwards can do so :holy:

The date I am looking at so far is Friday 23 January. I will book a table approx 1 week in advance so please PM me around 15 January (set those reminders now!)

Hope to meet you there!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ladies!

Hope you had a lovely Christmas and New years! I have posted before that we should meet on Friday 23 Jan. BUT that is a cricket day and I am going to watch it at SCG. Please can we move this girls get together to the next Friday after that - 30 January! IT will be tomorrow in 3 weeks time.

So now you have 1 more week to find babysitters for that evening and we can all watch the cricket too! Am I not a clever girl!!! :whome:

Looking forward to meet you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I live on the Northern Beaches of Sydney and have been here for almost a year. Missing girlfriends... Made a couple of good friends here, but would love to meet fellow South African women. My email address is venterhilda@yahoo.com.

Looking forward hearing from you all.

Hilda :ilikeit:

Hi Ladies!

Hope you had a lovely Christmas and New years! I have posted before that we should meet on Friday 23 Jan. BUT that is a cricket day and I am going to watch it at SCG. Please can we move this girls get together to the next Friday after that - 30 January! IT will be tomorrow in 3 weeks time.

So now you have 1 more week to find babysitters for that evening and we can all watch the cricket too! Am I not a clever girl!!! :rolleyes:

Looking forward to meet you!

Hi TweetyandChester

I would love to meet up with fellow SA ladies in Sydney.I arrived in Aus about 6 months ago,now living in Seaforth(close to Manly).I notice that you are organizing a meet-up next week.Would like to attend if you dont mind?

Sure you enjoyed yesterday's cricket as much as I did!

Regards,Marieta(marieta.matthews@hotmail.com)

Tweety and Chester

Hi, im on the eastern sub side too, would love to join in. Please PM details. Thanks :ilikeit: