Largest Christmas Tree ever

chester

:santa::santa: Xmas is nearly here, fairy lights and decorations are starting to appear on most home in our neighbourhood. Shopping Centre are joining in with their displays enticing you to spend big, but maybe this year not everybody is giving the credit card a good workout. Where are the days about pressies being made or bought with lots of thought, reflecting time and love. Not the biggest and brightest plastic toy or plasma :)

:santa::santa: For many folk it's going to be a tough Xmas away from family and friends, but a phone call away :hug::santa:

:santa::santa: Start a new tradition, something we did every year since we arrived is visiting the Queen Victoria building in the CBD of Sydney, just to see the largest Xmas Tree decorated beautifully and all their other decorations. Catch the train into Townhall and spend a few hours walking around, have a cup of coffee and cake, window shop. There are shops selling handmade soaps and candles, my weak point being Lemon Verbena & Lavender. So worth the trip. :santa::santa:

Awesome idea! I was just wondering what we are going to do all by ourselves for Christmas and New Years.

Another thing you could do is go to the Domain for Carols by candle light. It is televised but why not go and be part of it Just check out the papers or go online for the date. :):santa: It is huge, Sydney knows how to put on a show.

Tour the best decorated homes by just driving around you area.

Edited by chester

... visiting the Queen Victoria building in the CBD of Sydney, just to see the largest Xmas ...

They call the tree at QVB "Australia’s biggest indoor Christmas tree". I guess they must know that there is a bigger one outdoors somewhere, but where?

post-219-1228182692.jpg

This one at Darling Harbour is claimed to be "the Southern Hemisphere's brightest Christmas tree".

post-219-1228182762.jpg

Then there is "Sydney's premier Christmas tree" in Martin place, complete with 58,000 lights (18,000 more than the QVB tree). No, I didn't count them, I'm just going on what they say.

post-219-1228182804.jpg

Hi , The Queen Victoria Building is 3 floors of beautiful shops to brows. As you can see from the pictures, it reaches nearly to the top. Yes the tree will stil be up so you won't miss out Sharon.

Best Wishes to Everyone for the Season. ( and keep safe :ilikeit: )

From the De Lange Family