Bad news - please pray!!

Legalbuff

Hi all

I've just had some really bad news. My cousin (22) was stabbed over the weekend. He was visiting a friend at his flat, another university student showed up. A fight ensued between the host and the new guest, my cousin tried to break things up and got stabbed four times. He's fighting for his life - apparently there is also great doubt over the amount of oxygen reaching his brain.

Can I please ask for your prayer? I don't know what to pray for, survival or the release of death - but I do know that the one thing that must stand tall is that God's name must be lifted high and glorified, even in these times!! I know he can save my cousin's life - but He must do what He needs to do - for whatever reasons. Also please pray for my family - they're taking it really hard.

Thanks all.

L

Hi Legalbuff.

I am so sorry to hear this. Be sure you and your family will be in our prayers today.

Ronell

Hello Legalbuff

My thoughts are with you and your family and especially your cousin.

AndreaL

Hi Legalbluff,

So so sorry to hear about this. I will definately pray for him and you. We do not know why God allows things to happen and if he wil choose to heal your cousin or take him home, but we do know that in ALL things GOD works for the GOOD of those who LOVE him and who have been called according to his purpose (Rom 8:28).

Candice

Dear Legalbuff,

Our sympathies to you and your family. We will include you in our thoughts and prayers for an outcome that serves the highest good for all concerned.

Please keep us updated on your cousin's condition.

:rolleyes:

Andi

Dear Legalbuff,

I am so sorry to hear about this. Will be keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Dear Legalbuff,

Thinking of you .Lots of love and light to you,your family and your cousin .We will pray for you .

God Bless you .

Donné

will pray for your cousin to recover and get well. and for the family to have the strength to bear this difficult time.

Hi all

The news is not good this morning. My cousin was declared braindead this morning. They are scheduled to turn off the machines tomorrow morning.

I still believe it's in God's power to do a miracle, if in His will.

If not, I know good will come of this.

My heart aches this morning. But I know God has a plan.

L

I read that the attacker was a final year law student! What the hell was he thinking!!!

I feel really sorry for your family and pray that you find the strenght to get through this difficult time.

Legalbuff, I have been thinking of you and your family and praying for God's will to be done, this is absolutely awful!! Will continue to pray, that God may provide comfort to you all at this terrible time...

:whome:

Eva

Thanks for the support you guys - it really means a lot.

Yeah Miran - you had the correct report from the newspaper. It really sucks, but you know what?

"There go I, but for the grace of God".

If I think of when I was a student - how many times did I drive when really really tired - only to realise afterward it was stupid. How many times have I been upset with someone to the point of almost getting physical?

The answer - probably more times than I know. So I think the answer is that this young fellow was just NOT thinking and did something indescribably stupid and so so sad. He will never be free of it. I feel sorrow for him -not anger. I know he'll never be the same and he can never take it back.

Some days life just sucks, you know.

:whome:

Edited by Legalbuff

Its always so sad to hear of a young life been taken away in such a horrible way ! so sorry for you and your family !

I am so sorry that this had to happen to your family. The hurt is something few people understand. I wish I had words to help you through this time. Just know that I do think of all of you ad know what you are all going through.

All my love and prayers.

I'm Free!

Don’t grieve for me, for now I’m free

I’m following the path God has laid you see.

I took His hand when I heard him call

I turned my back and left it all.

I could not stay another day

To laugh, to love, to work, to play.

Tasks left undone must stay that way

I found that peace at the close of day.

If my parting has left a void

Then fill it with remembered joy.

A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss

Oh yes, these things I too will miss.

Be not burdened with times of sorrow

I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.

My life’s been full, I savored much

Good friends, good times, a loved one’s touch.

Perhaps my time seemed all too brief

Don’t lengthen it now with undue grief.

Lift up your hearts and peace to thee

God wanted me now; He set me free.

(Author unknown)

I'm so sorry to read this!

My son is 22 and he'd done some pretty stupid things in his life - still he thinks he's invincible, forever searching for the next adrenalin rush! Everytime a young life is affected, I think of him and pray for him to be safe, so this story has really touched me!

I admire you for your forgiving attitude towards the attacker and I'm sure his family is also heartbroken about what happened. A stupid decision made in a split second can ruin so much - don't we know it all? We can not choose how we die, but we can choose how we live.

My thoughts are with you, your family and everyone affected by this.

My deepest sympathy in this trying time.

Losing someone close to you is a very, very difficult thing. Forgiving the person who was the instrument of death... Been there, done that. You don't need all that anger towards the attacker on top of what you are going through right now. But I can assure you, the anger and even hatred will revisit you at a later time, when you will have to deal with it properly. When 'everybody' has moved on, and you experience those feelings, do not push it under. You have to deal with it repeatedly, with God's help, until the chapter is closed. Maybe you're lucky and this 'return' won't happen. Good luck, we're praying for you.

God bless.