Gas braai

blessings

Hi guys, need to know what would be the best - prize wise and practical? I know gas is a big thing in Oz. Should one buy a gas braai in South Africa and take it over or rather buy one in Oz. If you take a gas braai from SA, wouldn't there be a problem with the fittings? Have anyone taken there braais over?

Hi guys, need to know what would be the best - prize wise and practical? I know gas is a big thing in Oz. Should one buy a gas braai in South Africa and take it over or rather buy one in Oz. If you take a gas braai from SA, wouldn't there be a problem with the fittings? Have anyone taken there braais over?

You just pick one up from the verge, or you can go out and buy them all over the place.

I wouldn't bring one over. (The fittings on the gasbottles are different as well.)

You can't fill a South African gas bottle up in Australia, nor can you transport gas bottles in a plane.

Once you ship your gas bottle over to Australia and the gas is exhausted, you might as well use it as a boat anchor.

Gas Braais will need a fitting from a gas supplier called "Pirtek" to make them useable with Australian gas bottles.

Gasbraais are cheap here. bought mine 4 years ago at K Mart for about 400 dollers, stil going strong, its a 6 burner.

I'd say buy one in Australia. There is far more variety over here, and they're more likely to be suited to Australian conditions - like the type of gas. Saves you the hassle of having to bring it over.

As others have mentioned, buy here in Aus when you arrive. You can also get Weber's gas range of braai's here too, from the One Touch briquette/charcoal kettle braais to the gas operated models. Some of the cheaper models start from as little as $200, and swop out gas bottles are readily available from hardware & outdoor stores, as well as garages. The Aussies love braaiing (or barbequeing, as they call it!) as much as we did in SA!