Babbysitter

Oppermans

Hi all,

I posted this on the Education and Children aswell, and got advice from there saying to post it under classifieds aswell...so here goes.

I want to start babysitting, but for South African families. I am a Uni student so am free at evenings,weekends and a lot of time during the day aswell. I feel it is important for you to be able to leave your child/ren with someone you know knows the South African way of doing, since i am sure you all agree that it is different from most of the world. I love children, from babies right to teenagers in the need be. I am good with young people since i have been surrounded by them my whole life. Babysitting duties would include, preparing dinner/ feeding, tucking in at bed time and even homework if the need arise.

The reason why my whole idea is so different is because i also stay over at night, if the need is there...which is ideal when you dont know what time you will be in or if it puts you at ease.

I am really excited about this idea and i hope you will also be.

Now you have a solution when all those Year-end functions and Xmas parties pop up....no reason to stay home!

Please feel free to drop me an email : zaopperman@gmail.com or pm

Zee

Hi

Great idea! Just make sure you don't need a child minders' permit. I think if you are over 18 years it's a requirement.

Good luck!

Hi

Great idea! Just make sure you don't need a child minders' permit. I think if you are over 18 years it's a requirement.

Good luck!

Sorry, now I can't find where I thought I read it anywhere. Maybe someone who knows can help? Also, see if you can advertise your baby sitting services on a website and maybe do a child CPR and first aid course?

Yes, I agree, GREAT idea! I will most definitely contact you once we are there!

anybody know baby-sitters in Bunbury area? (just for the odd night out or for emergencies), we hope to settle there in 2009.

3 children of primary school age.

thx!

Edited by Agie

Ryk&Yo : It would be lovely to hear from you!

Catz, maybe...you never know, BUT i will let you know if i do come to that area...lol

Polly, it depends from babysitter to babysitter, believe me...that one was tricky to find, took me forever to get a margin.

Apply for a working with childrens check. You can do it at the post office. I think it costs around $80 and is valid for 5 years.

This is what is referred to as a permit.

It is very similar to a police record but I guess in a way more focussed on actually working with choldren.

I've got 3 kids and live in Bunbury...we can meet up & if we all get along we can surely share babysitting sometime for odd night out. Let me know when you get here.

Sorry, now I can't find where I thought I read it anywhere. Maybe someone who knows can help? Also, see if you can advertise your baby sitting services on a website and maybe do a child CPR and first aid course?

Its called a blue card and you need it if you are over 18 and work with any children - you can download the application if you do a google search - you will have to get your ID verified by a JP and then send that all in to the address provided and usually takes about 10 - 15 working days

Hope this helps

According to this website, this is what you need: (http://www.helpontheway.com.au/employment.html)

Our requirements to register are:

Photo ID preferably driver’s license or passport.

Three references that we can verbally check.

Current First Aid Certificate (for childcare positions)

Current Police Clearance

An up to date C.V.

Preferably a passport size photo

Photocopy of all of the above