Primary state school recommendatons for the Golde Coast

Nix

As we now have our visa, we are moving into the next phase of this process.....the planning phase.

We will more than likely be moving to the Gold Coast (as opposed to Brisbane) and I was wondering what recommendations there are out there for excellent states primary schools.

If you had to choose the best of the best (my daughter will be in grade one in 2009).....which would it be.

I will then review each option on the internet.....and make a deicsion about the area to live in accordingly.

Then, we will look for rentals in that area only.

So - I would like to drive the area decision by the school location.

So.....any recommendations ! ?

Nix

I have a friend who is a primary school teacher on the Gold Coast - she teaches at a private school but did a few locums in state schools, I'll PM you her e-mail, she'll be happy to help!

All the best with the plans, found tickets yet?

My nieces are in Pacific Heights and we really liked the look of it when we visited there last year (clean and well kept). My nephews were also there before going to private schools and it seems to be highly recommended.

If you want me to get more info for you then just PM me and I will send my brother an email.

Cheers,

Liesl

I have a friend who is a primary school teacher on the Gold Coast - she teaches at a private school but did a few locums in state schools, I'll PM you her e-mail, she'll be happy to help!

All the best with the plans, found tickets yet?

Hi Eva

We are also moving to the Gold Coast in January. I would really appreciate it if you could send me the information too.

Regards

Ferdinand

(Melvin)

My SIL, has her two delightful children in Mudgereeba Creek State Primary School and has been very happy with their progress

www.mudgcreess.eq.edu.au( must live in "catchment area")

I have also heard great reports of Coomera State Primary School.(not to be confused with Upper Coomera State College)

www.coomerass.eq.edu.au

Brand new State primary:

www.coomeraspringsss.eq.edu.au

Be careful here: Very small '("catchment area")

Small Christian Private Primary School( VERY AFFORDABLE: $2200 per annum)

www.jubileeprimary.qld.edu.au

Hi

We arrived at the Gold Coast a week ago - Spoken to loads of people regarding schools.

We are looking at sending our son who turns 6 next year to either Clover hills state school or Varsity lakes.

Both schools sound great but you have to live in the catchment area - if not you go onto a waiting list. The down side is you only find out at the last minute if your child has a place or not.

Where exactly are you looking at settling?

What are your time lines for coming over?

If you fancy getting together or if i can be of any help Pm me.

Cheers

Narms

Edited by Narms

Varsity College in Varsity Lakes is a good state school (has primary and high schools). My two sons (grades 1 and 3) are very happy there.

graeme_vdv said:
Varsity College in Varsity Lakes is a good state school (has primary and high schools). My two sons (grades 1 and 3) are very happy there.

My son is in a State Primary school.They are wonderfull.He come from an Afrikaans school in South Africa and they have been assisting him with extra english classes.

We arrived here in  2008 and his english reading is already better than what his afrikaans reading was.

This truly a very caring school.

I too will say Varsity College, Clover Hill, Mudgeeraba Creek, Mudgeeraba State and Robina state - are all excellent schools in this area.

I would most definitely go for one of these..

Heather

Thanks again everyone for their replies......these sort of opinions really do help.....

Nix

• 1 month later...

Hi,

We will be in the gold coast sometime in 2009. our son is now 2 years old,

can anyone recommend any good creches? we will have PR. Will more than likely settle in the carrara area.

any info will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

jackie

Hi,

We will be in the gold coast sometime in 2009. our son is now 2 years old,

can anyone recommend any good creches? we will have PR. Will more than likely settle in the carrara area.

any info will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

jackie

Hi Jackie,

I recommend Fuji International Kindergarten in Robina (Caulfield Street). My son went there for a year in 2007 and he loved it. It is not that far from Carrara at all. Their staff have been there for a long time (good sign) and it is not always easy to get in - but definately worth a try as they happened to have a space available when we arrived. If we had not had to move we would not have taken him out of the kindy.

Good luck!

Candygirl

• 3 weeks later...

I can take a picture of the school and get you info if you like for the Fuji school as it is down the road from me and I go past it every day...

Just pm me if you want me to get any info for you.

Pacific Pines Primary School

http://pacificpinesss.eq.edu.au/wcmss/

but not the High School. My children went to the Primary and from 2003 - 2006 and I was very happy with the school. Not happy with the High School. My kids went to high school at Saint Stephen's College (private School on the Gold Coast) Saint Stephen's College is probably almost 50 % ex South African. Just amazing.