I'm drowning!!!

ta'mossie

Hi Everyone

I havent been on the forum for a reason. My husband is in Sydney and I'm staying in on my own in PE.

I'm here to say good bye to my mother over a period of 5 weeks. We have had a major disagreement. My children and I have battled with bronchitis and i'm currently battling with a throat infection.

I'm in a strange city (even though i grew up here) - i've been away for 10 years. I know very few people and am extremely lonely. On the other hand i don't want to see people. I just don't want to be here. I've become a real Valie and I hate the wind. Maybe because i'm housebound with sick children.

I am missing my husband terribly. Even though i'm fortunate that we talk daily on Mxit and sometimes on Skype. But that makes me miss him even more. I've been at this immigration thing for over a year and I just have a month left (flying out on 7 Dec), but it feels like i can no more.

I know everyone goes through this, I guess it's now my turn. I always have encouragment for others, but it seems i've run dry when it comes to myself.

Sorry for the 'whinge', I sound like Ee-0w (Spelling) in Pooh Bear. Now you also know what i've been watching, over and over and over.

bye for now

Karen

Hi Karen. Ek kan net dink hoe sleg dit vir jou sonder Div moet wees en nog met siek kiddies te sukkel. Julle is amper deur alles, maar ek glo ook dat die laaste stuk die moeilikste is. Kry daai kiddies gesond dan gaan doen jul iets lekker saam ouma!! Ons bid vir julle en weet dat die Here jul hierdeur sal kry!!

Groete Anmarie en Pieter

Ai Karen, ek voel so jammer vir jou. Hier is 'n drukkie vir jou. :blink::rolleyes:

Ja dis erg as al die stress so op jou afstorm, veral as mens nou siek ook is en die kinders ook siek is, dit maak dit erger. Wys jou net hoe jou gestel af is. Ek ken daardie alleen gevoel. Almal gaan aan met hulle lewe en jy is alleen, niemand om jou te ondersteun nie. Wel ten minste dink ek nou aan jou en gaan netnou eek in my gebede ook aan jou dink. Kry genoeg slaap in, bederf jouself en glo die medisyne gaan net-nou help. Ek is seker more voel jy sommer beter. Hou net moed. Gewoonlik voel mens "af" in die aand, want jy is moeg. Nee, wat ou Girl, ons is sterk mense, sterker as wat jy dink. Jy sal dit maak. Moenie dink dis nog 5 weke nie - dis te lank. Kom net eers by more uit. Verdeel dan die weke in dae en stel bv Donderdag as jou eerst mikpunt om by uit te kom. Dan is jy sommer gou daar!

Het jy 'n plekkie in jou tas dat ek saam kan vlieg? pleeeezzz

I know it must be terribly hard for you. You are all on your own with all the responsibility of th kids and your husband whom you love dearly is very far away. I wish I could offer you a hug for real my friend, but know that I am thinking of you and wishing you all the blessing and hope you so richly deserve. It is just a bad day, you will feel better sooner than you think. Just focus on the small things like getting the kids well again. You will get through this and be glad you did it. Put some cds on and sit and dance with the kids during the day. I am sure it will lift your spirits.

Don't worry too much about the disagreement. I found just before we left that everyone got very touchy. They are scared, probably even more than you are. People don't like feeling that way and sometimes react badly.

Jy is 'n wonderlike, liefdevolle, brawe, fantastiese mens met soveel liefde en gee, als sal reg uitwerk. Glo net dit sal. Vat net elke dag soos hy kom. Moenie dink aan more nie. Maak 'n vlieer saam met die kinders terwyl hulle siek is, sommer een van swart sakke. Dan kan julle dit in daai aaklige wind gaan vlieg en sê WHHEEEEEE :rolleyes:

:blink:

Hi There

Just a quick support note mate, like everyone says, just hang in there and have faith. This is a hard move, but as long as you keep remembering that it will give you and your children a much better quality of life in the long run, and before you know it this very tough time will be a distance memory. We've been in Perth for 2 years and never once looked back or doubted our decision.

Have faith, my friend and anytime you need a boost hop on this forum, it is a great group of people.

See ja soon (as everyone says here)

Joseph

Don't worry, we are going to get together. Sooner the better!!!! Have been rather worried that our timing has not been right... :blink:

The weather has been rather lousy on the days we could have met up - it was much better for you to remain indoors.

However, we have a firm date - will check on the time a bit closer to the date.

Hi 'ta'mossie',

So sorry that you are feeling blue! I hope you patch things up with your Mom. Please do, as my Mom passed before we had completely settled our differences and it's really hard to deal with. Don't forget that she's probably angry at the SITUATION more than at you - we always take out our frustrations on those that we love and are closest to us.

I am sending you a cyber-hug :blink: . Only a month to go and your family will be together again!

zorba

:rolleyes:

Edited by zorba

Hi Everyone

I havent been on the forum for a reason. My husband is in Sydney and I'm staying in on my own in PE.

I'm here to say good bye to my mother over a period of 5 weeks. We have had a major disagreement. My children and I have battled with bronchitis and i'm currently battling with a throat infection.

I'm in a strange city (even though i grew up here) - i've been away for 10 years. I know very few people and am extremely lonely. On the other hand i don't want to see people. I just don't want to be here. I've become a real Valie and I hate the wind. Maybe because i'm housebound with sick children.

I am missing my husband terribly. Even though i'm fortunate that we talk daily on Mxit and sometimes on Skype. But that makes me miss him even more. I've been at this immigration thing for over a year and I just have a month left (flying out on 7 Dec), but it feels like i can no more.

I know everyone goes through this, I guess it's now my turn. I always have encouragment for others, but it seems i've run dry when it comes to myself.

Sorry for the 'whinge', I sound like Ee-0w (Spelling) in Pooh Bear. Now you also know what i've been watching, over and over and over.

bye for now

Karen

Karen

Boy do I understand where you are coming from... My hubby left last week and its been really tough going this week without him. The 3 kids and I are staying with family and its not easy fitting into someone else's life. All I can say is hang in there - I am also living from phone call to phone call with Karl. Just have strenght and faith, its not easy but its almost over (I am flying out with the kids on the 8th of december).

You have come so far, its been a long hard slog, with all the waiting and let downs and euphoria - Try and relax, take care of yourself and the kiddies and once they are better I am sure things will look brighter for you. Also, enjoy you last weeks with your mom. I am moving in with my mom this weekend to spend some time with her before I leave and I know its going to be tough on me and the kids, but we need to say our goodbyes.....

Keep the faith, put your trust in Him and it will all work out in the end.

God Bless

Laura

Ai TaMossie

PM my as jy by mekaar wil kom, ek is van PE. Die weer is nogal besonders goor die afgelope paar maande!

Ek werk ongelukkig deur die dag, maar laat maar net weet as ek iets vir jou kan doen!

Lekker week en vasbyt. Een van die dae is jy op die vliegtuig oppad na jou man!!!

Nicci

Hi!

I've been thinking of you lately and was wondering if you are already in Oz. Hope the following month will be good and with many blessings. I pray all the goodbyes will be happy and loving, and arrival in Australia everything you have been hoping for such a long time.

Blessings,

didl

Just hang in there! It is darkest before the dawn! Soon you will be united as a family and will have a wonderful christmas together.

I am sending you a hug!

Al

Hope that things have improved since your post. May God be with you and your family I pray for healing both physical and relationship. I pray that God is with you through this time and that He carries you to Australia.

Susan

Dit is die verskriklikste gevoel : jy voel in die pad, uit jou plek, alleen en verwerp! Jy begin wonder of jy dit ooit gaan maak en as jy nou al so voel, hoe gaan jy die eerste jaar in Australië ooit oorleef? Wat dit nog erger maak is dat mens alles in oortreffende trap beleef in daai laaste "stretch" - alles wat jy tot dusver aanvaar en verdra het, is nou jou grootste irritasie en jy voel jy wil skree van frustrasie! Vat dit van my - dit is dood normaal (al voel dit net soos dood - met geen normaal in sig nie!!) Iemand het hier bo gesê, dit is op die donkerste net voor die son opkom, en dit is nou waar jy is. As mens onder in die gat is, is daar net een pad uit en dit is boontoe!

Moenie te sterk probeer wees nie - "let go" en werk 'n goeie huil sessie deur (net nie dat die kinders sien nie - dan begin hulle ook twyfel en wonder of dit so 'n goeie plan was om te emigreer!). Mens moet nie hierdie emosies ophoop nie, want een of ander tyd moet dit uit. Tap 'n diep bad, steek paar kerse aan, gooi vir jou 'n glasie wyn in, sit 'n lekker CD op en plak 'n box tissues langs jou op die bad se kant -dan draai jy die krane oop (joune - nie die bad s'n nie!) Dit is baie reinigend & helend.

Vasbyt - een van die dae is alles verby en jou hele nuwe lewe lê soos 'n blink nuwe dag voor jou!!

Dink aan jou!

Hi Almal

Sjoe, i am bowled over by the wonderful people on this forum. It's still hard but I'm coping. Some days are better than others.

I havent been on the forum much, because I'm too exhausted at night when I finally do get the chance to go online. I didn't even know that the topic revived again.

So here is a huge thank you to all of you who took the time to write a reply. I think i want to print out your posts and read them over and over again in the next 3 weeks.

I think the thing that drives me around the bend is having 2 conflicting emotions at any given time: I know the hourglass is running out (i'm now in the last time I do this and the last week I am with my family etc) and at the same time I want to get out of here! I want this to be over.

We are looking to rent a house in the Hills. If anyone knows of anything please let me know.

bye for now

Karen