Mystery Australian cake

Icemaiden

When we were in Australia in 2000, we sampled some cakes - i am not sure how ti describe them, but the best bet would be the middle of the cake was like stiff egg whites - but was yummy...does anybody know what they are called and does anybody have a recipe for me?

Thanks in advance..

When we were in Australia in 2000, we sampled some cakes - i am not sure how ti describe them, but the best bet would be the middle of the cake was like stiff egg whites - but was yummy...does anybody know what they are called and does anybody have a recipe for me?

Thanks in advance..

Nobody know???

That is a shame.....u living there mense!! ;):ilikeit::blush:

hubby asked one of the aussie guys at work and they think it MIGHT be bomb alaska

personally I have no idea what that is... ;) sorry I hope that is what you looking for.

Lindy-Lee

:ilikeit:

Hmmmm. I know that Pavlova is a tradtional Australian cake, and you can buy them ready-made in the supermarkets. They're made with beaten eggwhites, but I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to? Good luck and let s all know when you find out.

Cheers

Ajay

Hi there

As Ajay said there is the pav. The pavs I had in SA were generally hard meringue but here in Aus the bought ones and the homemade ones I have had in SA have a hard outside but the inside in soft like stiff egg whites. The baked Alaska I have had is icecream with beaten egg whites on top and but into a very hot often so the egg white cooks quickly without the icecream melting too much.

Let us know where you had it and maybe we can help further.

sounds to me like a "Pav" (Pavlova)

While we're on the topic, check out a "lamington" at the corner store some time.

. . . . just a thought.

. . . . with an Iced coffee, of course ( that is "Iced" . . . not "Arsed"! Get your pronunciation right!)

....and don't forget the mud cake!!.......