Need help please!! (457)

Leana

Hi everybody!

Someone please help. Dima received our 457 application (all docs and medicals included) 14 weeks ago. On enquiring why the process takes so long, our sponsor replied that his company were engaged in an audit by DIMA and that our application has been put on hold. We are very concerned as to what would happen if our sponsor gets barred from sponsoring candidates. We started to look for a new sponsor on the usual sites, but if someone can help with more advice (contacts would be great) on how to find a new sponsor FAST we’ll by very grateful. We’ll eventually apply for PR as CPA is happy with my husband’s skills as an accountant, but we need to get to Aus ASAP. The house, car and everything else, that’s not going on the ship, are sold. All our plans were on track to leave for Aus by the end of September 2006.

We discovered some sites such as Freespirit etc. but they can only sponsor us if my husband has already got a job. Most of the advertised jobs are only open for residence. I don't understand how the process works.

PLEASE HELP!!

LEANA

Hi!

Someone please help. Dima received our 457 application (all docs and medicals included) 14 weeks ago. On enquiring why the process takes so long, our sponsor replied that his company were engaged in an audit (as all sponsors have to go through since August) by DIMA and that our application has been put on hold. We are very concerned as to what would happen if our sponsor gets barred from sponsoring candidates. We started to look for a new sponsor on the usual sites, but if someone can help with more advice (contacts would be great) on how to find a new sponsor FAST we’ll by very grateful. We’ll eventually apply for PR as CPA is happy with my husband’s skills as an accountant, but we need to get to Aus ASAP. The house, car and everything else, that’s not going on the ship, are sold. All our plans were on track to leave for Aus by the end of September 2006. PLEASE HELP!

Almost all the recruitment agencies we have contacted said that my husband must have a 457 visa or a sponsor or PR and all the sponsor agencies we have contacted told us that he must have a job first?? How does the process works??

Leana

Hi!

Someone please help. Dima received our 457 application (all docs and medicals included) 14 weeks ago. On enquiring why the process takes so long, our sponsor replied that his company were engaged in an audit (as all sponsors have to go through since August) by DIMA and that our application has been put on hold. We are very concerned as to what would happen if our sponsor gets barred from sponsoring candidates. We started to look for a new sponsor on the usual sites, but if someone can help with more advice (contacts would be great) on how to find a new sponsor FAST we’ll by very grateful. We’ll eventually apply for PR as CPA is happy with my husband’s skills as an accountant, but we need to get to Aus ASAP. The house, car and everything else, that’s not going on the ship, are sold. All our plans were on track to leave for Aus by the end of September 2006. PLEASE HELP!

Almost all the recruitment agencies we have contacted said that my husband must have a 457 visa or a sponsor or PR and all the sponsor agencies we have contacted told us that he must have a job first?? How does the process works??

Leana

Hi Leana,

I am no expert, but I would assume that you can confirm in all your job applications that you have a sponsor, as Freespirit would sponsor you.

I know that they supply one with a letter stating that they would sponsor you. I suggest you attach this letter to your job applications.

What do you do? Maybe you can get in on your skills?

According to my knowledge, Accountants should also do some exams. My husband is a lawyer and he is busy with his conversion exams. I know of a lady who assist accountants with their exams. If you are interested, send me a PM, so that I can forward the details to you.

Good luck!

Pippa ;)

Hi Leana,

I handle the 457 visa applications for my company, so I know the process. If you PM me, I'll get some information from you and will log onto to DIMA to find out what's going on with your other application.

meantime, Pippa has given great advice. Get in touch with Freespirit (www.freespirit.com.au) and Lester Associates (www.lester.com.au). These are 'management' companies that will be your sponsor and employer, and who will then assign you out to a job. If you already have the job offer, and it is only the visa that is delaying things, then this is probably the quickest, easiest solution.

PM me and let me see if I can help further.

Love

Ajay

Ajay

Thanks for the reply - I will send you all our ref. and tracking nrs. for the 457 asap. Our sponsor gets the result of his audit today. Freespirit said that they can only sponsor us if my husband has got a job and all the recruitment agencies say that we must have a sponsor first - that is why I am confused! We have got all our documents 100% in order to lodge our PR app. (my husband passed his skill assessment etc.) but we don't want to wait another 6-8 months!

Leana

Hi Leana,

I handle the 457 visa applications for my company, so I know the process. If you PM me, I'll get some information from you and will log onto to DIMA to find out what's going on with your other application.

meantime, Pippa has given great advice. Get in touch with Freespirit (www.freespirit.com.au) and Lester Associates (www.lester.com.au). These are 'management' companies that will be your sponsor and employer, and who will then assign you out to a job. If you already have the job offer, and it is only the visa that is delaying things, then this is probably the quickest, easiest solution.

PM me and let me see if I can help further.

Love

Ajay

Hallo Pippa

Freespirit said that they can only sponsor us if my husband has got a job offer and all the recruitment people say that they can only get a job for him if he has a sponsor? I just don't get it???

We have all our documents 100% ready fot our PR application (my husbands skills assessment as well) but we don't want to wait another 6-8 months we want to get on with our new life as soon as possible and I am too excited to wait any longer!!

Leana

Hi Leana,

I am no expert, but I would assume that you can confirm in all your job applications that you have a sponsor, as Freespirit would sponsor you.

I know that they supply one with a letter stating that they would sponsor you. I suggest you attach this letter to your job applications.

What do you do? Maybe you can get in on your skills?

According to my knowledge, Accountants should also do some exams. My husband is a lawyer and he is busy with his conversion exams. I know of a lady who assist accountants with their exams. If you are interested, send me a PM, so that I can forward the details to you.

Good luck!

Pippa :rolleyes:

Hi Leana - Email vir my jou man se CV na riekie@saaustralia.org. Ek ken 'n paar forum vriende wat dalk kan help. Jammer om van julle situasie te hoor, maar moenie moed opgee nie, vasbyt!! :rolleyes: