Tammy: Newbie

Tammy

Hiya there

Just like to introduce myself - My name is Tammy, born and bred in Durban. I am 28 work as a Secretary / Slave LOL :holy: I am sports made and am your typical girl next door type. Very GSOH ;)

I have been with my boyfriend (who is Australian) for a good couple of months now and he lives here in South Africa but wants to go back to Aus. He would like me to come over with him and I would definately like to go over to Australia. I just don't know what possibilities are open to me at this stage. Can I apply for a multi entry visa - what requirements do I need for this? We would like to leave end Feb 2007 or mid March 2007.

If anyone can help me please I would welcome any suggestions

Thanx

Tams :blush:

Tammy,

Depending on how serious the relationship is between your boyfriend and yourself, you might want to take a look at Partner Migration. Your boyfriend would have to sponsor you in to Australia. You would be given a Spouse Temporary Visa, which is valid for two years. You will be able to work on this visa. If, at the end of two years, you can prove that the relationship is still ongoing, you can apply for full permanent residence.

Hi Tammy,

Welcome to the forum - glad you found us ;)

I'm not an expert in all visas, but I know that with the employer sponsored visas (457), a partner / de-facto spouse can accompany, provided that they can prove that they are in an exclusive, committed relationship and have been thus for at least 12 months. This generally means living together as well.

Hope this helps, and good luck with it all.

Cheers

Ajay

Thanx Guys

My boyfriend and I are very serious and we plan to be together for a very very long time.

What you have told me has been very useful and that link came in handy as well.

This site is truly amazing and I will keep you updated on my progress on getting over to Australia.

;)

Thanx once again for all your input.

Regards

Tammy

G'day Tams!

Your best bet is to rock up in Australia on a "partner's" visa (or equivalent) with your Aussie boyfriend alongside or here beforehand.

Your skills in the "Slave" category may not have too much demand for you to come independently and have an individual skilled visa.

Hi Tammy,

I've gone through the Partner Migration section, and the proof requierd to show de-facto status is the same as under the 457 visa. You will need to show that you and boyfriend have been together for at least 12 months, and it is a very strong preference that you are living together (exclusively, not in a commune type arrangement).

I've assisted a few of my 457 employees with bringing their de-facto spouse over, so if you'd like, PM me and I'll tell you what was accepted as proof.

Please just note that the fact that you plan to stay together for a long time will not be enough - they need proof of the history.

Cheers

Ajay

Errr! Ajay, her partner is an Australian and so the Partner Migration visa's are the only ones that really apply...... Unless she wants to migrate based on her own skills.

Larry, I've PM'd you.

Ajay

Hi Tammy,

I stand to be corrected, but this is how it'll work.

Your BF is an Aussie, so you can qualify for a de-facto partner visa. You'll have to prove that the two of you have been living together (in a committed relationship) for at least 6 months (perhaps 12?).

Apart from that you won't need much more...no employer sponsorships, no skills assessments, etc...as your partner is already an Aussie.

Nevertheless, I suggest you contact a migration agent. Rather have a professional do your application than doing it yourself and doing something wrong...then it'll be back to the drawing board!

All the best

Willem

Durban