Brisbane here we come..pls help

JackyN

Hi, everyone

My name is Jacky, mother of 2 y old daughter and wife to Coenie Nel. We are relocating from pretoria to Brisbane. We land Saterday morning the 2 January 2009, just after 6. I need help too find a furnished flat that we can rent for the time that we wait for our furniture to arrive. I have searche on the web and have mailed a few agents, but no luck so far. :) Could someone please assist me or keep your ears on the ground, my husband starts to work on the 12 Jan 2009 at the airport.

Any tipes on how to keep my baby busy on the flight, and for the big move.

Thank you and looking forward to meet some of you in Brisbane.

Greetings

Jacky

Welcome to the forum Jacky. There is a thread somewhere about entertaining your child on the flight. Use your search function (top right hand side in the grey) and type in some key words. Also it was discussed previously that you need to order a special meal for your child and they don't seem to offer it you need to ask your travel agent. Can't help you with accommodation... All the best.

Hi Jacky

There are a few furnished places in the city area but they are expensive - get a house as soon as u can - you can always rent all the furniture you need until your stuff gets here

Will check on a few furnished places to rent till you can rent a house.

regards

Johan

Good morning everyone

Thank you so much for all your assistance. I am still looking, however all the links that you have send throught are really helping me.

I will keep you up to date if I have found a place for us.

Greetings

Jacky

Hi Jacky,

We camped out for a couple of months - rented furniture (know a good place) and bought the basics - so I can help with getting you a started pack - kettle, iron, toaster, towels etc - I'm sure my daughter wouldn't mind 'sharing' toys for a couple of months either ! PM me your email address so we can keep in touch until then.

Cheers,

Tanya

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, everyone

My name is Jacky, mother of 2 y old daughter and wife to Coenie Nel. We are relocating from pretoria to Brisbane. We land Saterday morning the 2 January 2009, just after 6. I need help too find a furnished flat that we can rent for the time that we wait for our furniture to arrive. I have searche on the web and have mailed a few agents, but no luck so far. :unsure: Could someone please assist me or keep your ears on the ground, my husband starts to work on the 12 Jan 2009 at the airport.

Any tipes on how to keep my baby busy on the flight, and for the big move.

Thank you and looking forward to meet some of you in Brisbane.

Greetings

Jacky

Hi Jacky. I posted a few days ago that we are renting a house in Wavell Heights but have bought a small house further out. Our rent contract is unlil June next year, but we are moving out mid Dec or so. Wavell is 16 km to the airport ( I work there). It is close to shops and library. PM for more details if you want