Boxing Day Picnic anyone?

Enrica

Okay, I tried and have to conceed defeat.

I tried to get a venue (indoors with aircon) for Christmas Day, but no joy I am afraid. I tried various venues but came up empty handed, even tried an events organiser . So I am sorry guys Christmas Day is a no no.

So I thought perhaps a picnic on Boxing Day at Point Walter if any one is interested.

For those that have never been , its a fantastic picnic spot on the Swan River. There is a sand bar that stretches about 1km into the river at

low tide. The kids can swim, there is a playground, plenty of tress and BBQ's , and a Cafe/resturant.

For those that like fishing , you an do that too.

Located at the end of Point Walter Road in Bicton

Those of us that live North of the River, it is now our turn to travel south side.... :):whome::ilikeit: Beleive me it is owrth the short drive!!

Here is the map.

http://www.whereis.com/wa/bicton/129-point...=3C3A4ABCA59843

Please can you PM if you are interested in coming to the picnic.

Thanks

Enrica

Enrica, you are a star for trying so hard!!! Thank you so much, I am sure there are quite a few people with no family coming over for Christmas, us included. We will definitely be there for the picnic, it sounds like a very nice spot.

Have a good weekend

Sue

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Enrica

My name is Lora and I am actually from Perth and am married to a great man from Cape Town. We both did the typical go to London and work thing and that is where we met. We now have a beautiful 9 month old daughter.

It would be great for my husband to meet some fellow south africans to make him feel a little more at home.

We would love to come to the boxing day bbq you are organising.

Have a great day!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Enrica

It sounds like a lovely spot but we will be in Kalgoorlie for Christmas and the rest of the weekend but will attend any other functions/bbq's in the new year. Thanks for all the effort you put in to make people feel at home in this country.

God Bless

Die Beukese

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Just thought I would bump this. Boxing day is a week away........................if you want to join , please feel free.

regards

Enrica

So sad that we will just miss this!! See u guys at the next function in the new year!

Enrica, you are the best really....... Thanks as well from me and my family for all that you do for your fellow South Africans.

We, will be also tied up that day with family, but depending on time and if we are near the area we might pop by but please don't count as a number yet.

Cheers

Kathy

Hi There

We arrived on the 10th December, we will be at the boxing day picnic, look forward to meeting everyone.

Hi All

Merry Christmas to you all. I hope you are all haveing a terrific day.

For those coming to the Picnic, please just look for the South African and Australian Flag

See you from 10h30 onwards.

Cheers

Enrica

To all of those who attended the picnic, I hope you had a good time and hope you made some new friends.

Hi SG,

Enrica is a very busy lady and guardian angel of many new and old Saffers.

I am sure that once the holiday season is over and her visitors go home, Enrica will be organizing a new get together.

Have a look in the Perth community section you will see when the coffee clubs are also scheduled.

Cheers

Kathy

Sorry we missed the picnic, I was working all day and have our car at work wit me so hubby and kids couldn't even get there. Hope to have better luck with the off duties for the next one, would love to me everyone!

Susan