SA TO AUS (BRISBANE)

Superkruz

My son is applying to study at University of Queensland in 2009 and I am looking for someone who could bring his matric results to Australia from South Africa. Matric results are released on 30 December in Pretoria and the deadline for applications at UQ is 2 January.... so I need to get it in Brisbane very quickly to meet the deadline. So if you know of anyone coming to Australia on 30 or 31 December please let me know. I am desperate!! I can arrange to bring it to you at the airport (OR Tambo) or anywhere in Pretoria/Jhb. I am in Brisbane and will come get the matric results from you wherever you are travelling to in Australia.

Hi - If you get stuck - You can download them from the web.

Then ask someone to send the results express mail to Oz.

The certificates only come out much later....

when i did my application for QUT, i just scanned and emailed the documents to them. they were fine with that, just had to show them the originals when i arrived.

oh, and in your cirumstances, they will (should) accept the June results.

Edited by calibrated

I checked with UQ and they dont have anything to do with applications as all applications are handled by QTAC. I contacted QTAC and they wont accept anything but the originals document that shows the final results of Grade 12. I know the official certificates are issued much later in 2009, but all they want at the moment is a proof of results so that they can calculate his Entry Rank.

The Gauteng Department of education said results are only available on 30 December, which means I am screwed if I cant find a courier coming to Aus on 30 or 31st.

Can't a family member collect them and courier them to you? If they use a one or two day courier service that would put the papers in your hands just in the nick of time.

Hi - we are unfortunately arriving only on 3 January 23:59 in Brisbane from Pretoria. I need to bring another child's certificate with me as well. What school does he attend? Is there no chance that we can mail them the certificate and show the original on 4 January???

Let me know if we can help.

MM Pta

• 2 weeks later...

No luck so far. I there anybody out there who can help?

My son is applying to study at University of Queensland in 2009 and I am looking for someone who could bring his matric results to Australia from South Africa. Matric results are released on 30 December in Pretoria and the deadline for applications at UQ is 2 January.... so I need to get it in Brisbane very quickly to meet the deadline. So if you know of anyone coming to Australia on 30 or 31 December please let me know. I am desperate!! I can arrange to bring it to you at the airport (OR Tambo) or anywhere in Pretoria/Jhb. I am in Brisbane and will come get the matric results from you wherever you are travelling to in Australia.

I would phone the matric results center in Pretoria, ask for someone who is willing to receive a DHL or TNT Express courier representative to collect the results. You can arrange payment with your local DHL/TNT and they will organize the collection in Pta and the delivery in Brisbane. All you need to do is phone Pta and get a contact name and physical address where the courier company can go for the collection.

Good luck!

Willem,

If it will help, PM me the contact details of the Pretoria results office, your child's details etc too, and I will call them on your behalf to arrange for TNT or DHL to collect his results. I will also need your Brisbane delivery address for the courier.

I am in Cape Town, but it is still a lot closer to call Pta from here than what Brisbane is.

Best wishes, let me know if I can help.

Andi

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the help. I am confident something will come up to resolve this puzzle...

Hi Willem

We also have the same problem. What we have done is arrange for the school to issue my daughters results on an official School letterhead as soon as they receive them. We will then have this scanned to us here in Aus and then take it from there. I hope this works otherwise we are also sitting withn a problem. My daughter is registered at Monash Uni for next year

Penny

Penny, I dont know what the authorities in the other states require but here in Queensland the Tertiary Admission Centre will only accept the original or a fax directly from the education department in SA. I suggest you make 100% sure what they want otherwise you could have some trouble. Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

I am pleased to report that, thanks to the forum, my son's results reached me in time!! Thanks for your trouble Melvin.

Now we must cross our fingers and hope that he gets an offer to study at UQ this year. His matric results were 5 x A's and 2x B's, which should be good enough to get him a spot, but I dont want to put the cart before the horse and assume all will be okay. Only 7 more days to go before we will now, as offer are published on 15 January 2009! The wait is nerve-racking....

I am glad to report that my son has been accepted at UQ and will land in Brisbane on 10/2/2009 to start his new life in Australia!! This would not have been possible without this forum..

:lol: :lol: :lol::ilikeit: :ilikeit: Hey that calls for a celebration!! congratulations to him on the acceptance to UQ!!

Celebrations are happening tonight at the Story Bridge Hotel!