• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Markus&Susan

• Flanker

• Eva

• Ungerers (Tanja U)

Hi there

Just a bit of encouragement to people waiting for an answer from God. I got a sponsored job with a good relocation package in 2008 and was suppose to start working the 2nd of Jan 2009. To make a long story short, our visa was declined because of our eldest daughter's medical history. She is using chronic medication which she will have to use for another year. The employer in Aus was required by the immigration department to provide a financial guarantee which they did not budget for. So, this morning I got the call that we will not be going to Aus.

Big disappointment? BUT God is faithfully, the employer basically offered me another position in 2010, and promised that they will keep the relocation package for when we apply again. They also said that they will sponsor us from the start for PR. So in all the disappointment, God is faithful and He is providing a promise for us!

For various reasons it is actually better for us to wait another year - our daughter will by then not be using the medication anymore, and I will have time to complete my final year of my Masters degree. And to top it all - at the end of the year a job with a relocation package is waiting!!!

God is indeed faithfully, and His timing is always best. This was a really hard time for me personally, but I must also state that my faith and my relationship with God has grown so much.

Keep the faith - God knows best!

Blessings

Hello all,

Polly your sister is in my prayers.

Bienkie you are so right even though God sometimes says no and we fel disapointment there is always a reason and His timing is perfect and it does improve our relationship with Him as we trust in Him more and talk to Him more and lean on Him.

We have been so frustrate the sale of our house not going through, in fact four offers that were made and no-one could get the finance, then our container arriving in one month which put pressure on us to find rental accomodation with all the stress of money because the house wasn't selling and we were here with almost nothing to live on. Then being messed around by rental agents and being frustrated looking for a rental property. Suddenly this week the most amazing things have happened. Monday we still had nowhere to move to, I was off phoning and trying to view properties, my husband doing a security course so that he can get a security license and really feeling a bit low and crying ou to God for direction and guidance. Tuesday we saw the home we wanted to rent an answer to every wish on our wish list with perks (a pool with monthly pool and garden maintenance built into the rental price). We put in an offer and waited with baited breath. I started night duty Wednesday night and yes I wanted that (another answer to prayers) and my husband finished his course with the instructer saying he wanted to put the feelers out for a position for my husband in a higher position than a security officer. Thursday morning we were told that we could rent the house (hubby rushed in and paid the holding amount) we can move in from the 27th, we were told our container had gone through customs but because they were busy they could only deliver on or from the 27th (date to be confirmed I am hoping for the 27th), our home in SA SOLD, deposit transfer fees paid and all paperwork signed, the lady is moving in and paying occupational rent from now, there may be a supervisor position for my husband as well! It has been a good week and I have the weekend off to spend with my family and perhaps go buy a fridge for our rental.

The beginning of th week started in a very low place but it has ended with God answering all our prayers with a firm yes and blessing us even more than we could ever ask for or expect. He is an awesome saviour and King and I have definately grown through this whole experience.

God bless and keep the requests coming.

Susan

Susan I am so pleased for you that your house is sold - for real!!

And it is great that you seem to be settling in nicely.

Please continue to pray that we sell before we leave - 10 more sleeps!

And for sanity while we pack.....

Thanks

Eva

Polly, you guys are having it rough with the medical stuff hey..I still pray for your dad all the time, I feel like a have a real affinity with you over this...keep us posted on your sisters condition...

Susan..that is such good news...this really restores my faith!!!

Bienkie...like we said, God works in mysterious ways, not for us to ask why. There is usally a silver lining, and you can see yours! I just need to find mine somewhere!!!!

The possitive happy stoires really make my day....thank you!!!

• 3 months later...

Hello

I am really feeling the need for prayer tonight so I hope all you good people are still praying. This is the third month since my husband was retrenched and I am starting to wonder if the engineering/project sector will ever pick up! We really need something to turn up soon!! Your prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Debby

Hi Debby, will certainly say a prayer for you...

Debby, I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Hi All,

The prayer requests havequite down lately. We are all either blessed out of our socks or we are going through some troubled times and are not shouting for help.

Please let me know if anyone need some prayers.

Take Care

Tanja

Hello Tanja

I have been very ill after a botched operation and I am struggling to get better ............. I have had septicima and have had 3 operations in 8 weeks ........

I am struggling to keep positive and would apprechiate some prayers.

fondest regards

simone

Hi Simone

Try and stay positive in this difficult time. I will put you in my prayers.

God Bless.

Debby

Hi Simone, will definitely do so! Hope you feel better very soon!

• 2 months later...

Hi

I feel I need to request a lot of prayers tonight. We have hit a family crisis and the only thing we can do now is hope and pray.

My father in law went on a fishing trip to Mosambique, they came home yesterday and when mom phoned to see how far they are, dad siad that he is really sick. Some one else was driving his vechile with his most priced posesion home( something that never happen) Mom met them at Uncle Harry's and imediatly took dad to Krugersdorp Hospital. He was admitted with severe septiceamea. Something scratched the back of leg somewhere (details are still not clear) and it got badly infected. He was in highcare, We phone mom at 4 (oz time) and they were going to wait until wednesday to see if they will operate on the leg. phoned again at 8 and he was rushed to teatre of the leg. She phoned back at 9:20 with the news that he is in ICU, they can not save his leg but will have to wait and see for the next 48 hours. They can only operate again when his condition have improved.

It really does not look good, they said that if he returned today only, he would have not lived to see the hospital. Hubby is devastated. Fishing was always a huge part of their lives and now this happened.

So tonight when you say your prayers, please pray for our dad, he really needs it now.

Thank you

Gary & Wilma Putter

I have already said a prayer for you, please keep us updated!

I have already said a prayer for you, please keep us updated!

Thanks Mara

We really need all the prayers we can get. I will keep you updated.

Wilma

Hi,

Can you please add us to your prayers, my wife will be without work from the end of July and it is already tuff.... We are waiting for our house also to sell so all your prayers will help.

Thanks

Hi,

Can you please add us to your prayers, my wife will be without work from the end of July and it is already tuff.... We are waiting for our house also to sell so all your prayers will help.

Thanks

Sending you lots of positive energy.

Try to focus on the positive, I know it's hard, especially at the moment when times are really tough.

All the best!

Hi Wilma - My mom had septicemia in Feb... almost died. One complication after the other. Lung clots, kidney failure, cardiac failure... We really thought her time had come. God decided he was not ready for her yet and today she looks MARVELLOUS!!!! Better than 5 years ago!!! Her cardiologist thought she would need urgent heart surgery - she had 5 stents inserted during the crisis - but remarkably her heart recovered and the operation is on hold for now. Her kidneys came right and her lungs got better..... Miracles happen but it will be God's decision.

Thinking of you all

K

Edited by We R Going!

Hi,

Thanks

Will pray for you guys too... when are you off to Oz???

K

Thanks for the prayers...

We R Going, we leave on the 3rd of August to have our VISA's validated, unfortunately as the house has not sold we could not make this a one way trip. (Used all our savings / container money for the 5 air tickets)..

Hi everyone,

Please pray with us for a job in OZ. We recently received our PR visas and have to be in OZ by 21 October 2009. It is a bit risky to move there without a job.

I am a project manager in aviation, with experience in production management and logistic support.

Thank you for your prayers.

Pieter&Rene

Hi Wilma - My mom had septicemia in Feb... almost died. One complication after the other. Lung clots, kidney failure, cardiac failure... We really thought her time had come. God decided he was not ready for her yet and today she looks MARVELLOUS!!!! Better than 5 years ago!!! Her cardiologist thought she would need urgent heart surgery - she had 5 stents inserted during the crisis - but remarkably her heart recovered and the operation is on hold for now. Her kidneys came right and her lungs got better..... Miracles happen but it will be God's decision.

Thinking of you all

K

Thanks for the encouragement but unfortunately dad was not so lucky, he sadly passed away this morning. The docters did all they could but his body was just to weak. Thanks again for all the prayers and thoughts I really appreaciate it.

Wilma

Hello Wilma,

Sorry to hear of your loss, our prayers are with your family at this difficult time.

Bitisbitis, we will pray for a home sale for you, it is difficult to leave a house unsold with no money to come over with as a result, God does pave the way, He has provided for us and although financially tough we have managed to sell our SA home, rent here, buy a car and feed and school our kids and so far I am the only one working, my husband has had difficulty for various reasons securing a position and we have now opened a business from home. God provides for His people. We will pray for you in your move.

Pieter and Rene, we pray for a position for you here when you arrive, may God open a position for you that will enable you to settle here.

In return if I could askfor prayers regarding my husbands new business, he is trying to establish, we are praying for clients that he can help which will spread the word and help the business grow, just to help with the finances a bit.

We have also started the PR visa process and there have again been delays in our daughters medicals and the delays are just bizaar as this could have been concluded two months ago and just drags out, if we could have prayers to smooth the road with the medical and our case officer comes back from leave on Monday so we are just hoping for a smooth process.

Thanks to all the prayer partners and keep the requests coming.

God Bless

Susan

Sorry to hear the sad news and praying for you all during this difficult time

God Bless

K

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there you guys,

We need prayer for the right people to come our way to help with sponsorship.

For all the other people, we will help pray for God's perfect will over every situation. Thank you for this post, it's great that there is such a support system!

Regards

Marelize & Gerhard Lourens :ilikeit: