Nursing registration

PEGirl

I have been told that I have to do a pre-registration course to be registered as a nurse in Victoria. Has anyone else done one of these courses?

I have been told that I have to do a pre-registration course to be registered as a nurse in Victoria. Has anyone else done one of these courses?

Weet nie waarvan jy praat nie. Ons het gebruik gemaak van 'n maatskapy met die naam AMRC. Hul het vir my vrou 'n job offer gereel en ook gehelp met die registrasie by die raad. Sy het nie nodig gehaat om enige eksamens of toetse behalwe ielts tre doen nie. AMRC is weer is SA vir onderhoude in November so jy kan my PM vir besonderhede, dit is defenetief die moeite werd. Ons is ook oppad melbourne toe.

Groete

Stefan Heunis

Edited by StefanHeunis

I have a letter from NBV to say that I have to do a pre-reg course at an approved uni or specified hospital. I already have a job lined up in my specialty and just need to be registered so that I can get the 457 visa. Am just curious to find out if other SA nurses heading to Victoria have to do the same. All other nurses I know have not had to do any course.

I have applied to do a pre-registration course in Perth. When I submitted my application to the NMBWA they gave me a letter with 3 options for doing the course. I selected one offered by a Ramsay Health private hospital as it was for only 2 months where as one offered by WA university was 6 months.

I am quite happy to do the course as I have not been practicing in 7 years. I am applying for a 456 business short stay visa which allows my family in with me. Apparently, I can apply for a 457 business long stay visa once in Australia and usually the hospital offering the course will be prepared to sponsor.

I have not come across anyone else going about it like this, so hope there are no complications.

Chez

Hi there

My daughter has sent her application in to NBV and is waiting for the case manager to assess it. She would like to know where and when you trained in case this is something new. Have you been asked to take the IELTS test?

Vanessa

Hello

I am back "HOME" - ie the website ofcourse!!

I was OZINAPRIL - then we left on the 26/07/2008 and I forgot ALL my details as OZINAPRIL!!!

So Now we are in Perth for 10weeks and loving every moment of it!!

I am also a nurse (RN)

I have been thru all the frustration of the Registration process!!!!!!

I had started my registration process with NBV as well and I was also advised that I would need to do the pre-reg course!!

I was not prepared to!

So I instead asked NBV to SEND all my documents to NBWA instead and I did a whole new application for them.

I was asked to do the IELTS ( just in case) and so I did.

After completing the IELTS I called NBWA to tell them that I passed and that the results is on it's way to them - AND THEY ADVISE ME THAT I DID NOT NEED TO DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway I was granted Registration - without doing any course!!!!!

I am now working in PERTH as an RN.

I can now re-apply to NBV for reg and I would get it with no problem!!!

It's called MUTUAL RECOGNITION Registration!!! ( registration between states)

So why dont you try and reg with NBWA and then ask for mutual recognition ( the mutual thing only takes 1 week!!)

So goodluck!!

ALL THE HASSEL IS WORTH IT IN THE END!!!!

NUHOME

Hello

I am back "HOME" - ie the website ofcourse!!

I was OZINAPRIL - then we left on the 26/07/2008 and I forgot ALL my details as OZINAPRIL!!!

So Now we are in Perth for 10weeks and loving every moment of it!!

I am also a nurse (RN)

I have been thru all the frustration of the Registration process!!!!!!

I had started my registration process with NBV as well and I was also advised that I would need to do the pre-reg course!!

I was not prepared to!

So I instead asked NBV to SEND all my documents to NBWA instead and I did a whole new application for them.

I was asked to do the IELTS ( just in case) and so I did.

After completing the IELTS I called NBWA to tell them that I passed and that the results is on it's way to them - AND THEY ADVISE ME THAT I DID NOT NEED TO DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway I was granted Registration - without doing any course!!!!!

I am now working in PERTH as an RN.

I can now re-apply to NBV for reg and I would get it with no problem!!!

It's called MUTUAL RECOGNITION Registration!!! ( registration between states)

So why dont you try and reg with NBWA and then ask for mutual recognition ( the mutual thing only takes 1 week!!)

So goodluck!!

ALL THE HASSEL IS WORTH IT IN THE END!!!!

NUHOME

Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate them.

I did a diploma course during the 1970's. However, I did a coursework Masters about 3 years ago which involved a lot of practical work to bring me up to date. I have been working all the time (except for 5 yrs when my elder son was born) - in my present post for 9 years.

Yes, NBV do require IELTS. I did it in Sept and got a 9.

I am now waiting with bated breath for a reply from South Australia. It has been over 4 months wait so far.

Great to see you posting a reply NUHOME, I have been wondering how you were getting on. Glad to hear all good. I am on my way in the next 7 weeks. I registered with NBWA, no IELTS and I was registered within a month. I recently read a post saying that South Australia was also asking for their applicants to do the course. I think if you search nursing registration you will see other posts about this and the different options nurses have followed.

All the best!!!!

Susan

Hi there,

I too applied to NBV and received that dreaded letter asking for a pre-registration course. I have withdrawn my application and applied to NMBWA, and waiting for that to hopefully come through. When I asked my case officer at NBV about the reason for the course she told me that as of April 2008 all ZA trained Rnurses are required to do it....hoping this won't be the case with WA, plan to do mutual recognition as soon as I am registered there as I have a job in Melbourne waiting and my visa pending, they require proof of registration......grrrrrr, so tired of waiting, waiting, waiting

Lou

Hi there,

I too applied to NBV and received that dreaded letter asking for a pre-registration course. I have withdrawn my application and applied to NMBWA, and waiting for that to hopefully come through. When I asked my case officer at NBV about the reason for the course she told me that as of April 2008 all ZA trained Rnurses are required to do it....hoping this won't be the case with WA, plan to do mutual recognition as soon as I am registered there as I have a job in Melbourne waiting and my visa pending, they require proof of registration......grrrrrr, so tired of waiting, waiting, waiting

Lou

Thanks for all the responses. I am also tired of all the waiting - have a good job lined up in Melbourne.

A colleague at work has just gone over to Perth. She got initial registration in South Australia and then got mutual recognition in WA as they apparently have the dreaded course......

She did not have to do a course or IETLS for SA. Working at a hospital in Perth for almost a month now and settling in well.