TMB: Hello from Thomas Melody and Jasmin

TMB

Hi all from a sunny hot day in perth, north of the river. This is new to us we just found the site so just bear with us. Hope all the new arrivals are coping. We are still going through the motions. Hope to get to know some of you soon. We are a young family and love summer braais and get togethers. Any of you from springs??

Hi all from a sunny hot day in perth, north of the river. This is new to us we just found the site so just bear with us. Hope all the new arrivals are coping. We are still going through the motions. Hope to get to know some of you soon. We are a young family and love summer braais and get togethers. Any of you from springs??

Hells bells, i was so shocked to get your pm, Mel, so great to hear from you and plse keep in contact....

much love

your cuzzie.... :blush-anim-cl:

May I enquire for the sake of my curiosity why your details say "landed: not coming ! " ?

Any of you from springs??

Hi Thomas

My parents and grandparents were originally from Springs (actually i was born there). Must admit i have not been back for last couple of years - although whenever we were in the area my parents would take us sightseeing - the house we lived in, their old business etc etc - must admit i have very fond childhood memories of the place - when all the cousins would get together and play in the park until late in the afternoon - many, many, many, many, many years ago...

Anyway welcome to Perth and the forum.

Mariette

Welcome to Perth guys - hope you'll be really happy here.

Hopefully we'll be setting a date for another Perth get-to-gether - so watch the forum.

(hint hint - anyone want to take the first step this time in setting one up)

Shoe Lara thats a big hint, it sounds great. Looking forward to it, it might even be at our place. Coffee and my husbands melktert. Hoe klink dit almal?

Great to hear somebody actually knows where Springs is, and has actually been there too.

TMB

Hi Thomas - Isn't it strange how there is ALWAYS someone from Springs? We really get around, I've noticed it often over the years. Ja, sorry to say I'm a Springs Girls High old girl & husband is a Springs Boys High old boy, how boring, huh? In fact we slept at my in-laws house in Strubenvale last night, and we'll be in Selcourt & Casseldale tomorrow. Want anything done there? Let me know. We live in Pretoria but can't seem to get away due to our huge families in, yes, you guessed it, Springs! :)

By the way, did you go to SBHS? I note that my younger brother & sister are a bit closer to you in age.

Bye, Bronwyn :ilikeit:

PS. Marsbar, would that have been at the duckpond on Nigel road that you played? :(

PS. Marsbar, would that have been at the duckpond on Nigel road that you played? :whome:

No it was not - we played in a park within a suburb called Pietersfield - that is where my grandparents lived. I have no doubt that the park does not exist today.....

Edited by marsbar

Hi Marsbar

If you are talking about the park on Kruger street, it had a tennis club next to it, you are right, the club and the park has been cleared, and the built a whole lot of townhouses there. The other park that was near a circle, and shops, was also changed into townhouses. The duckpond still exists. It is so sad, most of the parks in Springs was sold to "private developers" raise funds for the new Ekuruleni Metro counsil to pay "outstanding bills" yeah right.

That is why I love it here, so many parks, that are so clean, and well maintained.

TMB

Hi all from a sunny hot day in perth, north of the river.... Any of you from springs??

Hey guys, I spent a very short time (about a year and a half) in Springs as a child! Went to school at Selcourt Primary and my brother went to Springs Boys High too. Look forward to meeting ya'all. Welcome! Lv Noeksie (from north of the river too) x :ilikeit:

Hey Noeks I also went to Selcourt Primary but I was there for 7 years! Do you still have any family there? Small world!

Who is your brother? :ilikeit:

Bronwyn

Hey Bron, his name is Richard Compere. I did dance lessons with Rosemary Wilson (Souter) - she used to give lessons at Selcourt Primary too. When I left Cape Town, her daughter was teaching ballet there! Such a small world! Lv Noeks x :holy:

Edited by Noeks