DebL: joining family in Perth

DebL

Hello Everyone,

My name is Debbie. Myself, husband John and son Mike are planning on arriving in Perth towards the end of November. It's all very exciting but also quite daunting.

All of our family is already in Perth so we are really looking forward to a huge family reunion, Christmas will be the best ever!

This forum has been so useful to us, thanks to everyone. :ilikeit:

Our house is sold, once everything is finalised we just need the tax clearance, shipping company and the air tickets (I seem to be having a problem getting them!)

I have met so many people that are doing the same as us and can't wait to hit the beaches, and say goodbye to the taxi drivers, hijackers etc.

Thanks again all

Debbie

Welcome!! Hope you get the air tickets sorted out quickly.

Enjoy the last few days in SA.

Hi Deb,

That's great news. We are also hoping to get to Perth by November.

(Also suffering a bit trying to get air tickets, but have everything else booked).

Hope you do't stress too much getting all the loose ends tied up.

All the best,

sunflower

Hi Deb

We are also originally from Roodepoort and came to Perth via a four year stop over in the UK!

We used to enjoy having breakfast at Christies in Westgate on a Saturday morning.

I'm sure you will enjoy Perth especially if you have family here already - such a bonus.

We got our tickekts with the help of IOM - saved a lot of money. We used British International movers in Midrand to bring our SA stuff over here and they were quite reasonable.

All the best

Y!

Hi Deb,

Hope the last few days are not too stressfull, and that you get your tickets sorted soon. :thumbdown:

Greetings,

Dreamy

Hi Deb

We are also originally from Roodepoort and came to Perth via a four year stop over in the UK!

We used to enjoy having breakfast at Christies in Westgate on a Saturday morning.

I'm sure you will enjoy Perth especially if you have family here already - such a bonus.

We got our tickekts with the help of IOM - saved a lot of money. We used British International movers in Midrand to bring our SA stuff over here and they were quite reasonable.

All the best

Y!

Hi Yvonne,

I eventually got my tickets via IOM, it is a huge saving! We are also thinking of using British International.

Maybe we'll meet in Perth. We arrive on 18th November.

Regards

Deb

Hi there,

What is IOM :unsure: and are the problems with getting tickets due to Xmas and no seat availability? I hope you got things sorted out okay? You must be very excited!

Sharksfan :whome:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there,

What is IOM :) and are the problems with getting tickets due to Xmas and no seat availability? I hope you got things sorted out okay? You must be very excited!

Sharksfan :P

HI Sharksfan,

As I understand it, IOM is - International Organisation for Migration, don't know about there being problems due to Xmas & no seat availability, (when I went into SAA to collect the tickets, it appeared that there were seats reserved for the IOM). We just had to continually call & call & eventually beg, before things started moving, I suppose I should be used to that by now, but, alas, I'm not!

We did get sorted out, eventually, (never give up) and the saving is amazing.

We're on a three week countdown now, before arriving in Oz, scarey and exciting all in one! Wish all the "the loose ends were tied now", we just want TO BE THERE!!!

Hope I was able to help.

Debl

Guest Sunshine Sister

Hi there Deb,

Welcome to our forum. Oh wow, only a couple of weeks to go now, until you join many forumites in Perth. Things must be SO hectic at the moment. Have you managed to sort out your tax clearance ?

Love

Sunshine Sister

:)