THE EMOTION OF THE OCEAN

kellyporsha

I was just wondering how you as pet owner could handle the extremely stress with finding a new home for your beloved ones. Since months I am trying to re home be dearest doberman/rottweiler with no positive outcome. I have been messed around most of the time, people requested to keep in on hold and than never came back to me or other ones tell me its the best to put him asleep as it will be difficult to find a caring home for him.I find myself in a very emotional situation and just thinking to put him down although he is very healthy brings me to cry. I was so happy when the visa come through, was jumping around like a child and was so much looking forward with all the moving. Now, I am so stressed out with not having re homed our dog yet ( 4 weeks before we move to Oz) while selling all furniture and finding new tenants. I feel so guilty every time I look into this sweet eyes of my dog and just think about it that I might have to put him asleep in the next couple of weeks if I dont find a home. Its the worst situation I ever went through in my entire life. I never thought that it will be that difficult to find a caring home as so many people have lovely grounds. Shouldn't it be easier to get a lovely family dog from a emigrant as from else where? What did you do? Do I sit alone with this problem or did you experiment similar situations? Do you perhaps know some one in Cape Town who would love to help? Did you have to put your dog down because of not being able to find a home? Please let me know as I am already so depressed. Thank you!

I so know how you feel,and it is one of the worst things you have to decide.We had a staffie and a bullterrier,we were able to find a house for the bullterrier on the day they were loading the container,also been messed around by people who took her and then just came and drop her off by us again,but she found a better home and up to know are very happy and so much loved by her new owners.With the staffy,he was a bit old,my brother said tht he will take him in and look after him for me but they only move to their new house in 2mnths time and could not keep him in the flat.So i had to leave him by a family member with a yard,all went well for some time.We went away for a weekend and on our wy back got a phonecall that he chased a cat and hurt his leg,i could not believe it but had to take their word for it.The monday i took him to the vet and their heard the news that he must have been kicked very hard,his leg was broken and he would had to get a pen in his leg to fix it and will never been able to really use his leg again.I was heartbroken,my dog look into my eyes with the "help me" look,it all was just to much for me.The vet explain everything to me very nicely and after i explained my situation to him he said that maybe it would be better to put him assleep because he will not really cope with less attention and with his leg he could easilly became a burden.I decided to do taht and hold hi in my arms while they gave him the injection,it felt to me that abig part of me died with my best friend.I still battle to come to terms of his injury and do miss him so much.

I hope you get a good home for you dear friend,dog,where he will be loved and taken good care off so that you can have peace on your mind likewe have with the bullterrier and that you NEVER have to take the very last action off putting him to sleep.

Good luck with the res of the moving process

Magda

Hi

I have sent you a pm with the Dobermann Club Rescue Scheme's email address - our dobermann was rehomed through them when we left in 2006.

Good luck!

I so know how you feel,and it is one of the worst things you have to decide.We had a staffie and a bullterrier,we were able to find a house for the bullterrier on the day they were loading the container,also been messed around by people who took her and then just came and drop her off by us again,but she found a better home and up to know are very happy and so much loved by her new owners.With the staffy,he was a bit old,my brother said tht he will take him in and look after him for me but they only move to their new house in 2mnths time and could not keep him in the flat.So i had to leave him by a family member with a yard,all went well for some time.We went away for a weekend and on our wy back got a phonecall that he chased a cat and hurt his leg,i could not believe it but had to take their word for it.The monday i took him to the vet and their heard the news that he must have been kicked very hard,his leg was broken and he would had to get a pen in his leg to fix it and will never been able to really use his leg again.I was heartbroken,my dog look into my eyes with the "help me" look,it all was just to much for me.The vet explain everything to me very nicely and after i explained my situation to him he said that maybe it would be better to put him assleep because he will not really cope with less attention and with his leg he could easilly became a burden.I decided to do taht and hold hi in my arms while they gave him the injection,it felt to me that abig part of me died with my best friend.I still battle to come to terms of his injury and do miss him so much.

I hope you get a good home for you dear friend,dog,where he will be loved and taken good care off so that you can have peace on your mind likewe have with the bullterrier and that you NEVER have to take the very last action off putting him to sleep.

Good luck with the res of the moving process

Magda

Hello Magda,

Thank you very much for sharing with me your experience . I cannot express myself how sorry I am for your loss and believe words can be very small compare what you have been trough. Knowing now how hard it is to re home beloved pets I gave myself the promise that I am going to volunteer in helping to find good homes for pets in the future.

I also want to thank all mates who have had so kind thoughts and words in my most difficult time.

I found a lovely home for my beloved dog today. Though still crying after him but I believe his new home will be a good one. A caring single mum with two boys ( 11 + 7 years old) with a lovely house and a great garden. The boys gave my dog immediately a lot of attention, threw the ball constantly for him and in the late evening she told me on the phone that my dog is already sleeping on the couch. I pray to god that he will settle in soon, that every thing will be fine and that he is not going to miss me too much.

All the best for every one who are still looking for homes for their beloved pets and pls. troop me a mail if you need help. I will give my at most to help you as long as I can.

Thank you Magda for the good luck wishes. I need them a lot.

Kind regards.