Help - need employment

Graham & Pamela

Hi All,

My name is Graham & my family & I are hoping to emmigrate to Australia in the near future. My wife's name is Pamela & our 18 year old son is Andrew.

Before leaving South Africa, I am hoping to obtain employment in the property valuation field in either Perth, Brisbane, Melbourne or Adelaide. Should you know anybody who could help me, kindy forward any details as I would like to submit my cv for consideration. My son is finishing matric this year (grade 12) & is interested in studying medicine at any of the universities in the above cities. If you have any details in this regard it would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Graham

Hi Graham, Pamela & Andrew - I can't really say 'welcome to Aus' because I'm still in Pretoria ;) , but I can say 'welcome to the forum'. It has helped me out many times in a few short weeks, and I can only say it's a mine of information & includes some very special people. :ilikeit::lol::o

I wish you all the best in your search, and hope we hear much more from you.

Regards, Bronwyn

Graham!

I would check on whether your son's matric results are acceptable in an Australian university. Years ago they were, but South African degrees and matric results are not universally accepted like they were.

The Univ. of Adelaide has a medical faculty, Adelaide being the cheapest place to live and study, arguably, in Australia. I know this because my youngest daughter is studying Occupational Therapy at the University of Sydney next year and the day to day living expenses are about double that of Adelaide where we live.

Hi BOB

Thanks for your speedy reply & for your encouraging words. We will keep you informed and will follow your advice & check to see if a matric is accepted in OZ. We are awaiting a response from Curtin University in Perth but will bear your comments about Adelaide in mind. We have recently looked on the net for employment. Are you perhaps aware of any other routes one can follow to obtain employment?

Regards

Graham, Pamela & Andrew

Hi Graham, Pamela & Andrew - I can't really say 'welcome to Aus' because I'm still in Pretoria :cry: , but I can say 'welcome to the forum'. It has helped me out many times in a few short weeks, and I can only say it's a mine of information & includes some very special people. :ilikeit::ilikeit::blush:

I wish you all the best in your search, and hope we hear much more from you.

Regards, Bronwyn

HI BH

Thanks for your reply. Does "still in Pretoria" mean that you are in the process of leaving for OZ in the near future?

Will keep you informed about our progress & thanks for the info. We will definitely be using the forum more often as we have heard only good from a number of people who have used it.

Regards

Graham, Pamela & Andrew :

Edited by Graham & Pamela

Guest Sunshine Sister
I am hoping to obtain employment in the property valuation field in either Perth, Brisbane, Melbourne or Adelaide.

Hey there Graham, (and family)

Welcome to our forum !

Please have a look at the following job openings in the property valuation field by clicking here.

Best advice is to send your CV to all of the positions you find interesting or that you think yourself qualified for. Many companies will state "only permanent residents / NZ citizens need apply" or something along those lines. Pay no attention to it and try for the positions anyway, you may just be pleasantly surprized. I hope this helps !

Kind Regards

SS

:ilikeit:

Edited by Sunshine Sister

Hi Graham

As far as I am aware if your son wants to study medicine in Perth he will have to apply to UWA - University of Western Australia. Curtin trains up the allied health professionals - OT's and PT's. There is also Notre Dame a private university in Freemantle - I know they train PT's but not sure about doctors.

Y

How it works with studying Medicine at the University of Western Australia is as follow.

Your child will have to write and exam and he can do it in SA all candidates writes this exam on the same day around the world. Once he gets a positive result from the UWA for this exam he will be invited for an interview here in WA at the University, if you are here on a temp 457 visa they only have about 15 to 25 places so only the top foreign students get in. If you have PR the same applies only there is more places available. The exam takes place in July every year and if you miss that you must wait till next year, or start doing a Bachelors of Science and change over to Medicine at the end of year 1

http://www.international.uwa.edu.au/underg...ry_applications

Hey there Graham, (and family)

Welcome to our forum !

Please have a look at the following job openings in the property valuation field by clicking here.

Best advice is to send your CV to all of the positions you find interesting or that you think yourself qualified for. Many companies will state "only permanent residents / NZ citizens need apply" or something along those lines. Pay no attention to it and try for the positions anyway, you may just be pleasantly surprized. I hope this helps !

Kind Regards

SS

:blush-anim-cl:

Hi Sunshine Sister

Many thanks for the info & the help. Will definitely apply as suggested and here's hoping for the best.

Regards

Graham & family

Guest Sunshine Sister

Hi again.

You're welcome. Please keep us posted and keep asking all of your questions on the forum. I will keep my fingers crossed for positive employment responses.

Love

SS

:whome:

Ciao ciao,

Don't think anyone is aware of it but Graham, Pamela and Andrew are our family...Jacques' step dad, mother and younger brother.

The entire family is wanting to do a mass exodus of this festering pit of a country! :thumbdown:

Thanks for all the advice and help on behalf of the entire family so far!!!!

Arrivederci

Hi Graham - sorry I only saw your post now as I was away. Yes we are still in Pretoria but will be joining Bob, Annette, Marius and others in Adelaide on 8 December!!! :thumbdown:

Bronwyn

Guest Sunshine Sister
Ciao ciao,

Don't think anyone is aware of it but Graham, Pamela and Andrew are our family...Jacques' step dad, mother and younger brother.

The entire family is wanting to do a mass exodus of this festering pit of a country! :ilikeit:

Thanks for all the advice and help on behalf of the entire family so far!!!!

Arrivederci

Hey there,

Oh wow, that's interesting ! Sorry I haven't even formally greeted you Jacques & Natz, welcome to our forum. I have noticed you already, obviously - with that beautiful wedding photo and valuable input on the having doubts thread. It's really nice to have you here with us, all of you ! I hope your process will be as swift and painless as possible. I also remember reading somewhere that Jacques is in IT (java) - or am I completely nuts now ?? You should have no problem finding work here in Australia, especially not with your solid experience and people skills. Good luck and please let me know if I can help somehow.

Love

SS

:whome:

Graham and Pamela,

Welcome to the forum. Like someone already said, keep those question coming, there are various different fields of knowledge here and I am sure someone can help with most if not all questions. We even have a native, true blue Aussie( BOB ) helping out with some local and Adelaide knowledge :ilikeit: . Good on ya Bob :whome:

Hang in there, keep in touch :blush: