Qualified Boilermaker/coded welder

D&S - Perth

Hello everyone in the forum

We have applied for our 176visa in August 08 and as I have been told by our agent.............. its a 15-18month wait. So in the mean time, we were thinking of looking for a sponsor visa............. 457 for my husband who is a qualfied boilermaker/ coded welder.

We dont know how to even start.............

Any advise from the forum will help..............

We are going on a LSD trip on the 14th October 08 to Perth, then on to Brisbane round about the 20th...........

Thank you all for the incredible topics and advise

See you soon in Auz

:(:ilikeit::ilikeit:

Hello Happy

The best thing would be to set up interviews for yourself while you're there on your LSD trip.

Then start checking out the online sites for jobs.

www.seek.com.au

mycareer.com.au

jobserve.com

many others - just ggogle 'jobs in australia' and see what sites come up

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

There was a link sometime ago on this forum (about 2 weeks or a month) that gave details of an agent looking for Boiler maker/welders I reckon if you search for "Boiler makers" you'll find it

I bet you find a sponsor soon, they can't get enough of you guys here

:-)

Hello Happy

The best thing would be to set up interviews for yourself while you're there on your LSD trip.

Then start checking out the online sites for jobs.

www.seek.com.au

mycareer.com.au

jobserve.com

many others - just ggogle 'jobs in australia' and see what sites come up

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but a 176 visa is a permanent visa and you are sponsored by one of the State governments in Austalia that are on the scheme to sponsor migrants to their respective State.

You need fewer points when getting sponsored by a State government, I'm led to understand.

If you are being sponsored by a State, why would you have to wait so long?

My home State of South Australia is sponsoring skilled migrants and if your paperwork is all up to date, so it's pretty much ready straight away when they ask for it, the process shouldn't take that long . . . . . unless the paperwork sits on the desk of a migration agent for weeks before they lodge the stuff!!!

I'd be getting in touch with the South Australian gov't (S.A. Immigration) to check on the timeline between being sponsored and getting the visa in your passport, just as an exercise.

http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/site/index.php