Which flight / airline from SA to Aus?

Springbok

Hi everyone

I'm planning to visit Australia during Easter (early April 2007) to activate my PR visa but not sure with which airline to fly. Seems like Joburg-Sydney with Qantas is the shortest flight, but also the most expensive. The alternatives appear to be via Dubai with Emirates or via Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific. I've also heard that Air Malaysia flies via Singapore.

Can anyone perhaps comment on these and make suggestions? And what can I roughly expect to pay for a ticket?

Thanks

Charl

Singapore Air also flies Jhb Sydney..not too expensive or at least less expensive than Qantas. Flight Centre can help you there.

I have flown SAA, Quantas and Air Malaysia to Australia and I must say Air Malaysia was the best for me. The crew were very friendly and helpful and the plane was very comfy. We had an 8 hour stop over in Malaysia and they organised a hotel room for us, for free with transport to and from the airport. Felt so good to have a shower and a bed to sleep in for a quick catch up. Couldn't get any better than that! :ph34r: