Windhoek Lager

Almost Aussie

Hi all the Windhoek Lager lovers, :ilikeit:

The one thing I miss of SA, is the Windhoek Lager. I’ve managed to find the Australian importers of Windhoek Lager and they are right here in Perth :) . The price per slab (case) is $42 as of 18th August. They are wholesalers but sells to the public in a minimum of 9 litres per purchase which constitutes a slab (case).

They do also deliver at extra charges and they can also supply you with a list of bottle shops in Australia they deliver to. But I found the bottle shops are charging between $52 and $60 a slab, so buy directly from them if you can.

Their address :

Beverage Australia Pty Ltd

2A Arrigo Street

Wangara

Perth WA 6065

Tel: +61 (08) 94091118

Fax: +61 (08) 93093541

email: admin@beverageaustralia.com.au

I live in South Australia up in the hills immediately to the east of the State capital city of Adelaide.

In my local country town of Mount Barker, I noticed Windhoek lager on the menu at one of the restaurants.

I tried it and liked it, but at $5 a stubbie (375 mls) I don't think I'll be drinking the house dry.

However, it would be nice to get a case of 24 (375 ml) stubbie bottles . . . a "slab" is what most Aussies call it nowadays . . . . for that special occasion of having South Africans over to show me how to braai the Voortrekker way.

I'll have to email the company in Perth for a South Australian outlet.

If you wondered, they only import Lager and not Windhoek Light and Windhoek Draught for now...

Windhoek Lager will soon be available in most bottle shops across Perth according to their admin lady.

Edited by Almost Aussie

Hi all the Windhoek Lager lovers, :ilikeit:

The one thing I miss of SA, is the Windhoek Lager. I’ve managed to find the Australian importers of Windhoek Lager and they are right here in Perth :rolleyes: . The price per slab (case) is $42 as of 18th August. They are wholesalers but sells to the public in a minimum of 9 litres per purchase which constitutes a slab (case). [quote name

Hi Almost Aussie,

Thanks for the info, so I emailed them to see if I could buy a case and they refered me to the closest bottle shop that sell Windhoek Lager!!!!

But very useful info

Thanks

Edited by Enrica

If you wondered, they only import Lager and not Windhoek Light and Windhoek Draught for now...

Windhoek Lager will soon be available in most bottle shops across Perth according to their admin lady.

I picked some up at Dan Murphy in Mackay, but not cheap. I also tried Castle Lager last year (better than what is sold in RSA)

http://www.beverageaustralia.com.au/map.htm

Bob

From the site

Empire Liquor is located in the CBD of the city of Adelaide, South Australia. Contact us at

185 Holbrooks Road, Underdale S.A. 5032

Office: +61 (08) 8351 7666

Fax: +61 (08) 8351 7688

Postal: P.O. Box 85 Torrensville Plaza 5031

Email: sales@empireliquor.com.au

Sad QLD we have to go to Melbourne

For the most part Aussie beer is very good, and so many types

Thanks for the info, so I emailed them to see if I could buy a case and they refered me to the closest bottle shop that sell Windhoek Lager!!!!

Hi Enrica,

I find that strange as I've specifically asked whether I can make direct purchases. Their only "red tape" as mentioned is a minimum of 9 litres as quoted by a lady called Maureen. I'll give them a try by paying them a visit.

I guess the most important thing is that it will become more freely available, so I know what I can buy myself for fathers day on 7th Sep. :ilikeit:

Interesting, please let us all know, I would love to get some for hubby for Father's Day since the Aussie Father's Day is only in September.

Cheers

Kathy

Ooo thanks hubby will be delighted - although he is trying his hand at homebrew! Now if I can only find out where to buy Savannah Lights our lifes will be complete! :wub:

• 1 month later...

They do also deliver at extra charges and they can also supply you with a list of bottle shops in Australia they deliver to. But I found the bottle shops are charging between $52 and $60 a slab, so buy directly from them if you can.

Their address :

Beverage Australia Pty Ltd

2A Arrigo Street

Wangara

Perth WA 6065

Tel: +61 (08) 94091118

Fax: +61 (08) 93093541

email: admin@beverageaustralia.com.au

This is all great but you should really try some of the imported and local beers available here which we never had in SA. Beers such as Knappstein, Hoegaarden, Little Creatures Pale Ale, Rogers lagar, Gage Road, Pure Blond, Furstenberg, Konig Pilsener, Memminger and my personnel favorite Kronenbourg 1664 to name but just a few. They are all good.

This is all great but you should really try some of the imported and local beers available here which we never had in SA. Beers such as Knappstein, Hoegaarden, Little Creatures Pale Ale, Rogers lagar, Gage Road, Pure Blond, Furstenberg, Konig Pilsener, Memminger and my personnel favorite Kronenbourg 1664 to name but just a few. They are all good.

Hi Leon,

Yep, if I see a beer I haven't tried before, I grab it. Awesome variety of beer in Oz! I found some “really good†en some “really average†ones. Not too many “not so good†ones. No such thing as a bad beer in Oz. :ilikeit:

Any case, I haven’t found anything that quite matches Windhoek Lager. Two come close and it’s Becks and Haagen. Haagen is only available from http://www.liquorhomedelivery.com.au/ No charge for deliveries in Perth and their prices are good. They are also looking at stocking Windhoek after a chat to the owner. Haagen comes is Lights, Gold (middy) and Lager around $25 a slab.

See ya in the pub mate!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Was very surprised to find Windhoek Light at my local bottle shop (Kinross Central Liquor Store - Cellarbrations) the other day. I've never seen the Lights in Aus and the manager said he only gets it once a year, if anyone's interested :-)