Trip to Tassie

Guest Jules

Hi everyone :)

Need some advice here. :unsure: My inlaws are currently visiting and I was thinking of putting them to good use :whome: i.e babysitting our kids while hubby and I go on a little trip. :P Tasmania has always been high up on my list of places to see so I thought that this would be an ideal time to go and have a stickybeak. :D

Have any of you been there and if so what were your experiences? We will probably only have a 3 or 4 day weekend to do this so I want to pack as much into it as possible. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could give me some info on places to stay (preferably self catering - we are vegetarian and it's just a lot easier if we can prepare our own food or go eat out at a restaurant of our choice), things to see, places to go, places to avoid, what to bring clothing wise for this time of year - bearing in mind we are Queenslanders so anything under 25 degrees is considered cold to us! Also any links for flights, car hire etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :)

Love

Julie :)

Guest Sunshine Sister
... I see they even have tours through the Cadbury's factory. :)

Love

Julie :whome:

:P I'm packing... I'm packing... Gardeners are just going to have to wait...

:unsure:

Love

SS

:)

PS. Take loads of pics (and samples) and come tell us all about it, hey !! :)

• 1 year later...

Spent two weeks there in January, it is the most beautiful state in Aus, and if I could get a job there, I would have gone there tomorrow. We did the overland track, an 8 day hike, which was an experience! Take the boat over from M'bourne, you wont be sorry. And take enough warm clothes, we had frost in summer on the track!